Rogers Dropping AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FH5
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers Dropping AMC

Me too.  There must be somewhere we can watch the Walking Dead.  This is devastating for a lot of people

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Netflix has The Walking Dead and Better Call Saul, but they're a season behind, so  you probably won't see new episodes for another year.  I'm a big fan of BCS..... Rogers TV offerings are diminishing rapidly.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
jjjjy7
I Plan to Stick Around

@FH5 @OLDYELLR   and Prime has Fear the Walking Dead, but as mentioned they are a season behind.  What really ticks me off is we will be losing TWD in mid season and next year is the final season of BCS. 

Etocj
I've Been Here Awhile

Why is Rogers now ridding itself of AMC????

This is crazy, first Ignite tv doesn’t add the adult channels, it cancels several other channels, now it is getting rid of AMC, that is an extremely popular channel!!! People are going to start going back to Bell and if AMC is removed so am I! AMC is an extremely popular channel! 

leeanne172
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm extremely ticked at the fact that AMC is going, thanks for taking it away halfway through the Walking Dead season! After my current deal I'm seriously thinking of going to Bell, we just got fiber in our building so I can get much higher upload speeds plus Bell has the channels Rogers is getting rid of and then some.  Get rid of channels, raise the prices 😠

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

We watch AMC and now it will be gone. <ShakesHead>

Trimming costs to improve the bottom line.

Come on Rogers, you should be adding channels not cutting them.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Please dont put this as defending Rogers.. But there may be a lot more at play here than we see (and Rogers likely isnt going to tell us).   I am just as upset at loosing Walking Dead.

One thing you have to look at, is the AMC side.  

If you go back a number of years, some of you might remember on AMC, there was a bunch of stuff on AMC, saying that 'rogers was threatening to take away AMC, contact here to have your voice heard'.
What was going on at that time, was the contract for rogers to get the channel, was up for renewal.   And while AMC was trying to make rogers look like the bad guy with their stuff on the channel.. the part which wasnt being said, was AMC was asking for like a 400% increase for rogers to get the channel.
And this wasn't anything new for AMC either.. I did a bunch of research at the time, and apparently AMC was doing this with like 2/3 of the carriers in the US at the time/around that time as well

Its quite possible something similar is happening again.   And Rogers is not agreeing to the terms/demands of AMC.   It may not be happening at Bell as their contract may be still good for the time being.

jjjjy7
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty  Hopefully this will be temporary and an agreement can be reached.  When networks and carriers take away access to programming that people want, it just forces people to use 'other means' to obtain the programming.  In the end both the network and carrier lose.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh yeah.. i completely agree.
I live in an area where my options are rogers... or bell satellite.   No Fibe, etc.
So switching, is NOT an option in my opinion.
So what are my options to watch the show... not many legal ones..  (besides waiting for Netflix to MAYBE get it?)

I hope that something can be reached.

Cap07
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I'm bummed out. There are several shows we watch on AMC including the highly popular "The Walking Dead". Rogers just informed us in our monthly bill that the channel will be dropped in the new year. How nice. Which other channels can we look forward to being dropped in order to improve our viewing experience? Now I'm hearing rumblings of Rogers doing away with digital cable completely. Anyone here know of any future plans by Rogers to further improve our viewing experience?