Rogers Cable Guide Button actually takes you to TV Guide (NOT Rogers Quick Start Menu)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers Cable Guide Button actually takes you to TV Guide (NOT Rogers Quick Start Menu)

Please restore the old behaviour of the Rogers Cable Guide button on the remote (2010).

No one asked for that Quick Start Menu and No one likes it. It is completely useless and irritating to have to click past the stale Rogers ads. 1-Click of Guide should take you to the Guide.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Rogers Cable Guide Button actually takes you to TV Guide (NOT Rogers Quick Start Menu)

Um, they solved this years ago

Under the Quick Start menu, select "Self Service", then "Change Quick Start Menu Launch", then either "Tv Listings First", or "QSM from FAV key"

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers Cable Guide Button actually takes you to TV Guide (NOT Rogers Quick Start Menu)

Hello jgraver

I agree with Lurker, this was solved a few years ago...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i second this, this was solved YEARS ago.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Perhaps if their box was reset..  it went back to the default of the quick start guide first.. but as you said just needs to be changed back.

I'm going to request this one moves to the TV forum.

I've Been Around

Hi,

Thank you for keeping the instruction simple. The problem however for me is, I cannot generate the Quick Start Menu. When I click on the Menu button I only get the Guide. Is there another way to access the Quick Start Menu?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Vyking:

Click the Guide button a second time (while still in the guide).  This should bring up the Quick Start Menu.

In other words, click the guide button twice in quick succession. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Vyking wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for keeping the instruction simple. The problem however for me is, I cannot generate the Quick Start Menu. When I click on the Menu button I only get the Guide. Is there another way to access the Quick Start Menu?

What box are you using?  The QSM was only available on the Scientific Atlanta 8600.

It is not a part of any other guide software, before or since.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lurker wrote:

What box are you using?  The QSM was only available on the Scientific Atlanta 8600.

It is not a part of any other guide software, before or since.

Actually, it is available on the SA8300HD (which I have and which I checked) and probably any box running SARA firmware.

I Plan to Stick Around

Never made available on 8642s running SARA.