Rogers Anyplace "Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet network."

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Rogers Anyplace "Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet network."

Hi, 

I just started seeing this ("Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet network.") show up on some of the shows we have been trying to watch on Anyplace. I have a few questions, and hope to get some help. 

1) How can this only be viewed on Rogers home internet when we don't even have Rogers for internet...?

2) What is the point of "Anyplace" if we can't watch anything "anyplace" except at home?

I am starting to get extremely tired of this kind of stuff coming from Rogers...

Any help or insight is appreciated.

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Rogers Anyplace "Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet network."

Are you using the latest version of the app?

This used to be a restriction of what was called "Anyplace TV Home Edition" where you could use a tablet or mobile device as another screen within your home network.

Rogers consolidated all of their apps into one single app, just called Anyplace TV, which should allow you to watch live tv anywhere.

Re: Rogers Anyplace "Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet network."

Hello, @familyst.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your questions regarding Rogers Anyplace TV in the Community. The Content available and the number of streams vary based on Rogers Digital TV subscription, location, and Internet connection. A Rogers Internet connection that has been consolidated with your Rogers Digital TV account is required for access to your eligible In-home Content. 

You can learn more about Rogers Anyplace TV here and see the available channels available In-home (Rogers Internet) and from anywhere.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm a Senior Advisor

@familyst

It appears your questions were answered but maybe a clarification.

On that link you can see all rhe channels that can be seen at home and the very limited set of channels away from home and return to start for ignite TV users.

Not mentioned here is the variability on on demand availability.

All this is a result of broadcast licensing agreements and whether Rogers feels that the licences is justified on demand usage and license costs.

Anyplace TV is a marketing logo with lots of fine print. No in no way is it anyplace other than you can watch outside of home only those channels Rogers pays licenses too. So actually some TV everywhere and as you learned since you don't have associated internet from Rogers it is all away from home. Fine print gets all of us.

At least they tell us now what is not available away from home that list is new. In past if you asked a rep they didn't know.

Same with the others too.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

I get this message even when I am on my rogers home network

I've Been Here Awhile

i too have this issue. tried to get rogers to fix it for months and then gave up because they didn't have a clue as to what they were doing. it was comical at times  good luck!

Hello @jondoe2 & @fedup33,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! =)

Being unable to access your AnyplaceTV service due to these type of errors can definitely get frustrating especially if you are connecting to your home Wi-Fi network.

Is this happening on all of your devices tested thus far or does it only seem to be happening on certain devices? Which platform are you using to access the AnyplaceTV service, Android, iOS, PC, Mac?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

The problem appears on both Mac and PC using the web based access, and on android using the app

Good afternoon @jondoe2 and @fedup33!

I would like to investigate this error directly and try to reproduce it myself. If we can reproduce it, we may need to escalate a ticket to have it resolved for you.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can look into this further. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Anyplace "Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet networ

this simply is not true.