Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

@jerryp123:

Here's a recent blog entry regarding the new AnyPlace.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/The-New-Rogers-Anyplace-TV-Has-Arr...

...access to channels and content will vary based on your TV subscription.

See also:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

Which states: "...A Rogers SD, HD, or 4K digital box that you rent or own (digital adapters are not supported)."  Perhaps this limitation has changed with the new AnyPlace rollout.

I Plan to Stick Around

Once again it is hard to ignore higher cost less product.Anyplace TV has been reduced to half of content which is just plane rude of Rogers especially without any warning.
Not going to change the fact that now the use of this free service is just not going to be worth it for many customers. For some reason the people who actually use these services actually for some reason do not matter. Why take away so many channels?

I've Been Here Awhile

I really enjoy some programs on TLC but it's gone now an Anyplace TV. Will it be back? Also it takes a long time for new episodes to appear ie: Chicago Fire Episode 3 aired Oct. 11, 2017 and it's still not up.

Also, I can't watch some shows like "This Is Us" anymore. It says only available on your Rogers home Internet network. If I'm signed in, what does it matter where I am? It's not "anyplace tv" then.

Thank you,

Cathy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One thing to remember.. its not always rogers CHOICE in some of what is/isnt allowed on anyplace TV.  Or even how long, etc.
For every single show, let alone every single channel, they have to make a deal with the channel owner, to be able to have the content on RoD, and for how long, etc.  One reason why some shows have more than others.

Its possible in some of these cases.. its how the deals have been dealt for those shows/channels.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I havent accessed ROD very often from the site..
Normally i did any of that via my PHONE/TABLET.

Did it always have the LIVE TV being able to be watched on RoD?

I know the home edition app for the phones did before.. but as far as I am aware.. was only when ON the rogers network?
I am able to access a good 3/4 of my channels from here at work (bell).

I Plan to Stick Around

I also think that they may not be done building the site.The live section I think has been eliminated? Another thing that may be true is that Rogers just decided they are not paying for the rights to make Anyplace the great App it once was. An example is I am assuming you have to download TMN app because I no longer see any mention of it. Outlander is no longer available from Women's Network but other content is. It is to bad like the new guide Rogers treats their customer base like take it or leave it! Sorry to say the actual value of what you pay for should go up to stay competitive. Bell and Rogers seem to trade customers as people decide how much bang for the buck they can get through new apps and promotions each company can offer. ROGERS is far better of a cable company as I have had both systems at same time. You cannot use your PVR on near as much as everything on Rogers!

I'm Here A Lot

App no longer works on my device. I have a Nexus 9 running Android 7.1.1. Previous version of the app is fine and still works. App tells me that my device is not compatible and tells me to search devices in the support area but there is no list available. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.  Any suggestions are appreciated. 

I Plan to Stick Around

My bad explored app upgrade and it is allot better in the live TV area still lacks a bit of prior content.
I'm a Senior Advisor

The clarification that I received from a reported concern today was that this is a "rolling rollout", which I corrected the person that this is best described as a "phased rollout", bringing new features online as ready, that a rolling rollout is what Navigatr was.

It was confirmed that this is part of the new Comcast X platform of sites and apps as there were issues in the old page that were causing problems, so the decision was to just go ahead and fully commit to getting the Comcast platform of apps ready and operational, rather than try to fix the old platform issues.

I did explain that by removing access to the manage PVR app on web site that it impacted the ability for some with mobility or visual challenges to use the tool rather than a small touch screen, or issues with the PVR layout of Navigatr that were easier on the manage PVR.  He acknowledged that this wasn't considered as there were unlimited users of the feature and that I was a minority, which I agreed, but it was an important feature for accommodating my disability.

He agreed to pass it on, but was not confident that much could be done at this point.

It was an honest conversation, but it appears this is what we have got and things are coming - I reminded him of the five month delay the last time around, which he also indicated that it was felt that it only impacted a few people, which I acknowledged may be true, but if Rogers is truly committed to customer experience, end to end, as they say in their financial statements, then rollouts with no beta testing, and removing features, no matter how many use it (in particular one that is used for disability accommodations - he acknowledged that he wasn't aware of its use for that and appreciated hearing it) is not supporting a quality end to end experiences.

So some clarity, did express my concern that Rogers continues to do this "non-beta" testing of many of its services and without full consideration of the impact of changes on users, because they don't involve the users and clarified that is the purpose of beta testing.

So that is what I know now - I hope my discussion will make it back up the chain and lead to future changes.

Can hope anyway.

Bruce

Hello @BS.

I would just like to correct you for a moment here. We do internal testing of products before releasing to the public. We do not skip the beta phase.

However, our beta testing pool is only so large and as with many software applications, bugs and UX features might be missed or overlooked by testers until it's released to the much larger and diverse pool of end users... Which is why we need feedback like yours! 

Please keep sending us feedback. We do hear you and we do make improvements based upon customer feedback!

Thanks everyone!

Regards,

RogersCorey