Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

@User14:

Earlier today, I couldn't use the web version on my computer. I couldn't even get to the URL.  It's working now though.

I could use the App on my iPad without issue.

Sometimes Rogers servers are busy. Perhaps with the iPhone 7 out, there are lots of people on the Rogers website utilizing resources.  I usually try it off-peak.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

57 wrote:

Earlier today, I couldn't use the web version on my computer. I couldn't even get to the URL.  It's working now though.

I could use the App on my iPad without issue.

Sometimes Rogers servers are busy. Perhaps with the iPhone 7 out, there are lots of people on the Rogers website utilizing resources.  I usually try it off-peak.

Just to follow up for those reading this thread. 

On Sunday 2016-09-11, I tried using CHAT to fix my problem. I was still getting CONNECTIVITY ERROR, then SERVICE ERROR on my iPad when launching ANYPLACE TV.  First I waited. "We are currently experiencing longer than normal wait times. Thank you for continuing to hold."  I finally got through about 8am and the chat session went to 8:50am. Give yourself time if you are going this route to solve a problem!

The usual questions, but the main thing they wanted me to do was delete the "Home Edition" app and re-install it.  After the re-install, I still had the same problem so they opened a ticket for my issue and sent it to their engineering department for further investigation. The ticket was to be processed within 24-48 hours. I didn't receive any feedback at all, but when I tried it around 5 pm today ANYPLACE TV HOME EDITION worked. 

During the session, they did check for known outages in my area and there was nothing about Anyplace TV. I also asked if the Anyplace TV servers were down, but it seems  they have no way of checking the status of that service.  

In conclusion, I think the problem was due to the fact that I had upgraded to iOS 9.3.5 on my iPad and somehow this created the connectivity problem until the engineering department made a change at their end to allow the use of iOS 9.3.5.  Some of my other apps send me a message saying do not upgrade iOS until they have tested it with their application. Rogers apparently doesn't seem to do this. This is reactive rather than proactive.

So if you are getting ERROR messages on your mobile device telling you that you are having connectivity or service problems, it is not necessarily true. Upgrading your mobile device's operating system may affect some of your apps and they may not work right away.  Learning never ends. Smiley Wink

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

User14 wrote:

In conclusion, I think the problem was due to the fact that I had upgraded to iOS 9.3.5 on my iPad and somehow this created the connectivity problem until the engineering department made a change at their end to allow the use of iOS 9.3.5.

I don't think that was the issue. I've had iOS9.3.5 on my iPad since it was released and had no problems with the App, typically using it daily.

When the major update to 9.0 took place, that did cause an issue that took Rogers months to correct on the iPad. When 10.0 comes out, I will not be updating the iOS until I'm sure it works properly on the iPad.  Apple makes it difficult not to update though, because it's always nagging you to update and even tries to trick you into updating later in the day.

Since there were not widespread reports of AnyPlace issues after 9.3.5, I believe the issue was probably related to your connection, or an issue in your neighbourhood, or the server to which you connect.

57 wrote:

User14 wrote:

In conclusion, I think the problem was due to the fact that I had upgraded to iOS 9.3.5 on my iPad and somehow this created the connectivity problem until the engineering department made a change at their end to allow the use of iOS 9.3.5.

Since there were not widespread reports of AnyPlace issues after 9.3.5, I believe the issue was probably related to your connection, or an issue in your neighbourhood, or the server to which you connect.

The point I wanted to make clear was that the Rogers ERROR messages on my mobile device telling me that there was a connectivity or service problem with my device was not true.  In my case, all my other apps were working. I could even access Rogers MyAccount from my iPad - no problem. According to Rogers there was no service outage in my neighbourhood. That only leaves the Home Edition server application in my view. Perhaps it needed a reboot. 

When you think your device is the problem, you can do unnecessary actions that will mess things up even further, so it may be in everyone's best interest to question the Rogers error messages first. In my case the pop up ERROR messages were definitely wrong and misleading.  Whether or not this is reflective of good or bad service by Rogers, others can decide based on the info provided. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

Something wrong with the web app. I tried to schedule the Singapore Grand Prix qualifying and race yesterday using the web app and it wouldn't connect to my PVR, so I browsed the Guide on my TV and did it.  Today the web app works, but those scheduled recordings can't be found on my web app.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

57 wrote:

When the major update to 9.0 took place, that did cause an issue that took Rogers months to correct on the iPad. When 10.0 comes out, I will not be updating the iOS until I'm sure it works properly on the iPad.  Apple makes it difficult not to update though, because it's always nagging you to update and even tries to trick you into updating later in the day.

Hello all,

Just a heads up - the Anyplace TV and Home Edition apps are working great this morning after upgrading to iOS 10 on my iPad 4 ("iPad with Retina Display").

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robindp:

Thanks for the iOS10 info.  That's good to hear.

robindp wrote:

57 wrote:

Hello all,

Just a heads up - the Anyplace TV and Home Edition apps are working great this morning after upgrading to iOS 10 on my iPad 4 ("iPad with Retina Display").

Some of us have apps (eg Foreflight) that need to be tested with new Apple iOS versions. 

"August 5, 2016: We are performing compatibility testing between ForeFlight and the newly released iOS 9.3.4 to ensure that everything is working smoothly. We will update this post with an “all-clear” when testing is completed."

Rogers doesn't seem to do that with its apps (eg Home Edition).  It is nice for robindp to let us know it is working.

I'm an Advisor

I totally hear you.  If my iPad were for business use, I would defer the update until the devs of my corporate/work apps "sign off" on the new iOS version.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just wondering if any one else has found that if they don't have a rogers digital box they can no longer access the new "wonderful" rogers anyplace tv? I've been trying to get an answer to the problems I'm experiencing with there new roll out for four days. Every day a new case number gets issued but no resolution to my issues.