Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 2,193

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

It's up, it's down, it's up, it's down...

AnyPlace is down again. With the iPad app, after some period of time, I get "connectivity error". With FF on the web, I either can't even get to the on-demand URL, or I get "We seem to be experiencing some difficulties. Please try signing in again at a later time. We apologize for the inconvenience."



I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 64

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

So how much can you do with this app? 

 

I've always thought that if you're in a room without a cable connection, this app will allow full cable viewing (as if I was using my Nextbox)  via a Tablet or Laptop, but it doesn't. After finally giving it a go, I'm not even sure what it's purpose is full-stop. 

 

Have I misunderstood the ability of this app or am I just not using it correctly?

 

Is there even a way to have full access to channels via the internet? 

I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 438

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV


Pottertons wrote:

So how much can you do with this app? 

 

I've always thought that if you're in a room without a cable connection, this app will allow full cable viewing (as if I was using my Nextbox)  via a Tablet or Laptop, but it doesn't. After finally giving it a go, I'm not even sure what it's purpose is full-stop. 

 

Have I misunderstood the ability of this app or am I just not using it correctly?

 

Is there even a way to have full access to channels via the internet? 


 

I believe Anyplace TV is just another name for Rogers on Demand.  If you are wondering about the Anyplace TV "Home Edition" application, what it does is explained in an early post (Page 1) by Lurker.  Rogers doesn't do a good job explaining what Anyplace TV and Anyplace TV Home Edition actually does.  They have a graphic, but it isn't very useful:  Anyplace TV Home Edition

 

The answers you seek are in the thread of conversation unfortunately and the key points are not summarized anywhere. I use Anyplace TV home edition as a program guide on my iPad to search for programs I want to record. I tried setting a recording with it from my iPad once but with two PVRs it is easier to use the remote. I also use it to watch a program if I am outside BBQing. Watch your plan data usage if you get hooked watching TV on the patio or in the kitchen. Smiley Wink

 

What is Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition?

  • Rogers Anyplace TV™ Home Edition is an interactive video application that brings a new set of Rogers TV anywhere features as well as consolidating existing functionality (Remote TV Manager and Live TV) together under one common experience. Users will be able to access functionality such as Remote TV Manager, search, and the channel guide whenever and wherever they are. In addition, Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition also enables your mobile device to become a great TV companion. For example, included is the ability to control your TV remotely using touch gestures and tuning commands from your tablet/device. Downloadable as a mobile application or loaded through a web browser, Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition will be offered as a cross-platform product with the goal of bringing live TV to more screens inside the customer’s home. 
  • The Remote TV Manager function as part of RAPTV Home Edition will only be applicable on the SA 8300, Cisco 8642, and Cisco 9865.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 2,193

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

Let me add the following information:

 

1. The app allows you to watch only certain channels on your Tablet/phone, and only when you're in your home on your internet connection.  You cannot "live stream" those channels on a computer, but you can access a lot of "on-demand".  See link below for additional details per device/location.  

 

2. It also allows you to schedule recordings on your PVR, including searches for those programmes and reviewing what's scheduled to record and reviewing what programming is on your PVR.  This has been especially useful since Navagatr came out with the next-to-useless tiles. 

 

It has always been useful when you're not home because you can schedule recordings on your PVR from anywhere in the world (say when on vacation in Europe), or even if you've just forgotten to set a recording when you are not at home.

 

Link with additional details:

 

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/410?setLanguage=en



I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 64

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV


User14 wrote:

Pottertons wrote:

So how much can you do with this app? 

 

I've always thought that if you're in a room without a cable connection, this app will allow full cable viewing (as if I was using my Nextbox)  via a Tablet or Laptop, but it doesn't. After finally giving it a go, I'm not even sure what it's purpose is full-stop. 

 

Have I misunderstood the ability of this app or am I just not using it correctly?

 

Is there even a way to have full access to channels via the internet? 


 

I believe Anyplace TV is just another name for Rogers on Demand.  If you are wondering about the Anyplace TV "Home Edition" application, what it does is explained in an early post (Page 1) by Lurker.  Rogers doesn't do a good job explaining what Anyplace TV and Anyplace TV Home Edition actually does.  They have a graphic, but it isn't very useful:  Anyplace TV Home Edition

 

The answers you seek are in the thread of conversation unfortunately and the key points are not summarized anywhere. I use Anyplace TV home edition as a program guide on my iPad to search for programs I want to record. I tried setting a recording with it from my iPad once but with two PVRs it is easier to use the remote. I also use it to watch a program if I am outside BBQing. Watch your plan data usage if you get hooked watching TV on the patio or in the kitchen. Smiley Wink

 

What is Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition?

  • Rogers Anyplace TV™ Home Edition is an interactive video application that brings a new set of Rogers TV anywhere features as well as consolidating existing functionality (Remote TV Manager and Live TV) together under one common experience. Users will be able to access functionality such as Remote TV Manager, search, and the channel guide whenever and wherever they are. In addition, Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition also enables your mobile device to become a great TV companion. For example, included is the ability to control your TV remotely using touch gestures and tuning commands from your tablet/device. Downloadable as a mobile application or loaded through a web browser, Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition will be offered as a cross-platform product with the goal of bringing live TV to more screens inside the customer’s home. 
  • The Remote TV Manager function as part of RAPTV Home Edition will only be applicable on the SA 8300, Cisco 8642, and Cisco 9865.

Before I go digging through the pages, I have to inquire about a line that caught my immediate attention.....

 

"......Watch your plan data usage if you get hooked watching TV on the patio or in the kitchen......"

 

Does this mean that I MUST use my mobile data, even though I have wifi, via my (already paid for, unlimited) internet plan?

 

Suuuuuuuuuuuuurely not!!!

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 64

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

The remote access to the PVR is a great feature. I used it quite a few times during the 2012 World Cup whilst at work. 

Unfortunately, I no longer use a PVR on a regular basis and was hoping that I'd be able to avoid fishing cables through my walls just to be able to watch a bit of random TV when I have the chance. 

 

Strange that this type of option isn't available with all the internet TV providers that are out there. 

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 938

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV


Pottertons wrote:

User14 wrote:

Pottertons wrote:

So how much can you do with this app? 

 

I've always thought that if you're in a room without a cable connection, this app will allow full cable viewing (as if I was using my Nextbox)  via a Tablet or Laptop, but it doesn't. After finally giving it a go, I'm not even sure what it's purpose is full-stop. 

 

Have I misunderstood the ability of this app or am I just not using it correctly?

 

Is there even a way to have full access to channels via the internet? 


 

I believe Anyplace TV is just another name for Rogers on Demand.  If you are wondering about the Anyplace TV "Home Edition" application, what it does is explained in an early post (Page 1) by Lurker.  Rogers doesn't do a good job explaining what Anyplace TV and Anyplace TV Home Edition actually does.  They have a graphic, but it isn't very useful:  Anyplace TV Home Edition

 

The answers you seek are in the thread of conversation unfortunately and the key points are not summarized anywhere. I use Anyplace TV home edition as a program guide on my iPad to search for programs I want to record. I tried setting a recording with it from my iPad once but with two PVRs it is easier to use the remote. I also use it to watch a program if I am outside BBQing. Watch your plan data usage if you get hooked watching TV on the patio or in the kitchen. Smiley Wink

 

What is Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition?

  • Rogers Anyplace TV™ Home Edition is an interactive video application that brings a new set of Rogers TV anywhere features as well as consolidating existing functionality (Remote TV Manager and Live TV) together under one common experience. Users will be able to access functionality such as Remote TV Manager, search, and the channel guide whenever and wherever they are. In addition, Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition also enables your mobile device to become a great TV companion. For example, included is the ability to control your TV remotely using touch gestures and tuning commands from your tablet/device. Downloadable as a mobile application or loaded through a web browser, Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition will be offered as a cross-platform product with the goal of bringing live TV to more screens inside the customer’s home. 
  • The Remote TV Manager function as part of RAPTV Home Edition will only be applicable on the SA 8300, Cisco 8642, and Cisco 9865.

Before I go digging through the pages, I have to inquire about a line that caught my immediate attention.....

 

"......Watch your plan data usage if you get hooked watching TV on the patio or in the kitchen......"

 

Does this mean that I MUST use my mobile data, even though I have wifi, via my (already paid for, unlimited) internet plan?

 

Suuuuuuuuuuuuurely not!!!


No, thats not what it means.

 

Not everyone has an unlimited internet plan.  I have Ignite 60 which still has a data cap.

 

If you're on an unlimited home internet plan, then fill your boots - those of us that aren't still have to watch how much data we use.

I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 938

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV


Pottertons wrote:

The remote access to the PVR is a great feature. I used it quite a few times during the 2012 World Cup whilst at work. 

Unfortunately, I no longer use a PVR on a regular basis and was hoping that I'd be able to avoid fishing cables through my walls just to be able to watch a bit of random TV when I have the chance. 

 

Strange that this type of option isn't available with all the internet TV providers that are out there. 


Might happen when(if?) Rogers ever rolls out an IP TV product. 

 

Until then, Rogers is still very much based in the physical wire/STB world. 

I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 438

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV


Lurker wrote:

Pottertons wrote:

User14 wrote:

Pottertons wrote:

So how much can you do with this app? 

 

I've always thought that if you're in a room without a cable connection, this app will allow full cable viewing (as if I was using my Nextbox)  via a Tablet or Laptop, but it doesn't. After finally giving it a go, I'm not even sure what it's purpose is full-stop. 

 

Have I misunderstood the ability of this app or am I just not using it correctly?

 

Is there even a way to have full access to channels via the internet? 


 

I believe Anyplace TV is just another name for Rogers on Demand.  If you are wondering about the Anyplace TV "Home Edition" application, what it does is explained in an early post (Page 1) by Lurker.  Rogers doesn't do a good job explaining what Anyplace TV and Anyplace TV Home Edition actually does.  They have a graphic, but it isn't very useful:  Anyplace TV Home Edition

 

The answers you seek are in the thread of conversation unfortunately and the key points are not summarized anywhere. I use Anyplace TV home edition as a program guide on my iPad to search for programs I want to record. I tried setting a recording with it from my iPad once but with two PVRs it is easier to use the remote. I also use it to watch a program if I am outside BBQing. Watch your plan data usage if you get hooked watching TV on the patio or in the kitchen. Smiley Wink

 

What is Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition?

  • Rogers Anyplace TV™ Home Edition is an interactive video application that brings a new set of Rogers TV anywhere features as well as consolidating existing functionality (Remote TV Manager and Live TV) together under one common experience. Users will be able to access functionality such as Remote TV Manager, search, and the channel guide whenever and wherever they are. In addition, Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition also enables your mobile device to become a great TV companion. For example, included is the ability to control your TV remotely using touch gestures and tuning commands from your tablet/device. Downloadable as a mobile application or loaded through a web browser, Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition will be offered as a cross-platform product with the goal of bringing live TV to more screens inside the customer’s home. 
  • The Remote TV Manager function as part of RAPTV Home Edition will only be applicable on the SA 8300, Cisco 8642, and Cisco 9865.

Before I go digging through the pages, I have to inquire about a line that caught my immediate attention.....

 

"......Watch your plan data usage if you get hooked watching TV on the patio or in the kitchen......"

 

Does this mean that I MUST use my mobile data, even though I have wifi, via my (already paid for, unlimited) internet plan?

 

Suuuuuuuuuuuuurely not!!!


No, thats not what it means.

 

Not everyone has an unlimited internet plan.  I have Ignite 60 which still has a data cap.

 

If you're on an unlimited home internet plan, then fill your boots - those of us that aren't still have to watch how much data we use.


There is a difference between your LTE or 4G "cellular data" and your "internet data".  Using your mobile device with "wifi" and your router will still use your "internet data" allotment through your PC internet connection. Like Lurker, I am not on an unlimited plan so streaming the news or a TV show on my mobile device at home will still consume lots of my "internet data." Even those pesky iPad application updates uses up my internet data. For more info on internet data usage rates check here:   Internet Usage   

 

 

 

I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 438

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV


57 wrote:

AnyPlace has been down for over a day now.  C'mon Rogers, time to get it working again.  It's not working on my iPad App, nor is it working on AnyPlace Web. On the web we get the following message:

 


"Internal Server Error:

 

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, rogers.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."



Many have reported this issue here and on other forums.


I get this message trying to login to use Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition on 10 Sep 2016. 

"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:  Unable to reach the remote service as it appears you may not be connected to the internet, connectivity could also be slow or limited, please check your internet connection and try again. (805)"

 

I tried other apps on my iPad and I have an internet connection. I even logged into MyRogers account from my iPad.  Anyone know why I am getting this error for Home Edition?  Is the system down?  There were supposed to be thunderstorms in Toronto this evening so I wonder if it has affected Rogers services.