Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

The Manage PVR icon was still missing this morning, so I decided to logout and as soon as I logged out, the icon appeared.  The icon also appeared if I looked at my profile, etc by clicking on my username.

It also appears if I use the following link, instead of the normal one.

http://www.rogersondemand.com/account/?lang=en

Perhaps something changed with the latest version of Firefox.  I'm hoping it'll be fixed with the next FF update, but in the meantime I can use the above link when using FF.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I'm getting an odd text page:

Sort

No contents found.

Channel:   Runtime:  
Starts:   Episode:  
Air Time:   Rating:  

Note: It is not possible to record more than two programs at once. Please schedule your recordings accordingly.

Other showings

There are no other occurrences of this program
Start Recording:
End Recording:
Record:
Save:

No results found

My Default Box

12:00 AM
1:00 AM
2:00 AM
3:00 AM
4:00 AM
5:00 AM
6:00 AM
7:00 AM
8:00 AM
9:00 AM
10:00 AM
11:00 AM
12:00 PM
1:00 PM
2:00 PM
3:00 PM
4:00 PM
5:00 PM
6:00 PM
7:00 PM
8:00 PM
9:00 PM
10:00 PM
11:00 PM
Settings

Name My Box:

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Okay, working now (Firefox 45.0.2 Win 7). Got another "entity too large" trying to post the previous reply and had to delete cookies. Had to delete cookies already just to sign in here. Par for the course. Smiley Frustrated

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I had a bunch of tv shows I wanted to delete from my NB3, and since I can't select multiple shows on the PVR, I used the web based AnyPlace TV.  I deleted around 15 episodes, or so I thought.  Imagine my surprise the next day when I turned on the tv to check my recordings only to see that the ones I thought I had deleted were still there.

So I logged into AnyPlace TV again and repeated the process.  And again, the shows were not deleted.

So then I tried the iPad app, even though I can't select multiple episodes.  And the same thing happened - the show did not delete.

I know it's communicating with the PVR because I chose a channel to record with the iPad app and the PVR immediately started recording.

So why won't the delete function actually delete my selections?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Lurker wrote:

Chanson01 wrote:

The feature to watch a recorded program from the Digital Video Recorder (DVR) using the Rogers Anyplace TV App on the iPad does not work. Has anyone else had this experience? How can this be resolved?

Unless a feature has been added that I'm not aware of, you can't WATCH recorded programs on your tablet or phone.

With the Anyplace TV app, you can:

1. SCHEDULE programs to be recorded, and manage your PVRs storage

2. Watch certain LIVE tv channels while on your home network.

3.  Use the tablet as a remote.  You can control your PVR from the tablet, meaning you can change channels, and select recorded programs to watch on your tv.

You can't actually watch rcorded programs on your tablet

Re: 2. Watch certain LIVE tv channels while on your home network.

I have logged into Anyplace TV from my desktop PC.   Should I be able to watch certain channels on my PC?

If so, how do you find the "LIVE tv channels" that you can watch from the schedule you see on the Anyplace TV screen?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Works fine on my iPad app. Either click the appropriate channel icon on the left, or click on "live TV" at the bottom of the screen.  I assume it's similar on a phone, but I don't have a smart phone to test.

I don't believe it works on a desktop PC.  I just tried and there is no "live TV" at the bottom, nor does anything happen when you click a channel icon.

You'll see that the post you quoted discussed a tablet and an app, not a PC and a browser.

I'm a Senior Advisor

User14 wrote:

Lurker wrote:

Chanson01 wrote:

The feature to watch a recorded program from the Digital Video Recorder (DVR) using the Rogers Anyplace TV App on the iPad does not work. Has anyone else had this experience? How can this be resolved?

Unless a feature has been added that I'm not aware of, you can't WATCH recorded programs on your tablet or phone.

With the Anyplace TV app, you can:

1. SCHEDULE programs to be recorded, and manage your PVRs storage

2. Watch certain LIVE tv channels while on your home network.

3.  Use the tablet as a remote.  You can control your PVR from the tablet, meaning you can change channels, and select recorded programs to watch on your tv.

You can't actually watch rcorded programs on your tablet

Re: 2. Watch certain LIVE tv channels while on your home network.

I have logged into Anyplace TV from my desktop PC.   Should I be able to watch certain channels on my PC?

If so, how do you find the "LIVE tv channels" that you can watch from the schedule you see on the Anyplace TV screen?

You can't watch live TV from the Anyplace TV guide on the web-based version, only from the Apple or Android app.

You can watch live sports channels (TSN, Sportsnet, Leafs TV, NBA TV and NFL TV) from rogersondemand.com on your PC.

I've Been Around

I have an Asus ZenFone 2 with anyplace tv installed. When I start the app it takes forever to load and when it finally does I can't access any of the channels. For example if I click on tv toronto I will be stuck on the loading screen and the channels will never start. Just a spinning g circle over and over ...... any help would be great

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The "Manage PVR" icon is missing (for me) from the usual website today:

http://www.rogersondemand.com/

It was fine yesterday and I was able to use my iPad RAPTV app today, but not the web browser because of the missing icon.  I tried various computers and browsers.

I'm a Senior Advisor

57 wrote:

The "Manage PVR" icon is missing (for me) from the usual website today:

http://www.rogersondemand.com/

It was fine yesterday and I was able to use my iPad RAPTV app today, but not the web browser because of the missing icon.  I tried various computers and browsers.

Logout, and log back in.

Usually solves the missing icon issue