Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV [ New ]

I really don't know what's happening with the IPG. We mentioned some discrepancies in the Navigatr thread regarding the F1 coverage this weekend. I now have another one. My wife is a fan of the "Farm" series on TVO. It airs Monday at 10PM and Tuesday at 1AM. The current series is "Edwardian Farm" and I set up a series recording last week. After watching an episode, I noticed that nothing was scheduled, so I looked at the guide on my 9865 (and my 8300HD) and it's showing as "Wartime Farm", even though the episode description is from Edwardian farm.

Here's the weird part - on AnyPlace Web and RAPTV for the iPad it shows as "Edwardian Farm" on the Grid (and in the list of scheduled recordings). This is getting out of hand. I've had to set series recordings for Edwardian and Wartime...

It seems that there is no consistency in what we see. It can depend on:

The PVR - 8300HD vs 9865, etc.
The App/Browser - AnyPlace Web FF vs Chrome vs IE, etc, vs RAPTV on iPad, vs Mobile App
The computer - Mac vs PC

I don't understand how we can have all these differences. I don't recall seeing this stuff before Navigatr came out (although we can't blame everything on Navigatr). It is possible that Rogers changed the way the various Apps & IPGs interact, even with relation to time as we noticed after the change to DST...

The only inconsistency that I had noticed before Navigatr was that sometimes I'd go to AnyPlace or RAPTV and there would be some "Manual Recordings" listed typically 6 days out, but those usually correct themselves as time draws nearer.  There were also differences in the descriptions of the programming, in that sometimes there would be more details like episodes or production year in one or the other way of looking at information, but neither of those cause missed recordings.

Although I don't often use VOD, there are also differences in descriptions of the same programme when you look at VOD vs the IPG on the PVR.  This often makes it difficult to decide which programme to watch OD, if the PVR missed a recording for any of the typical reasons already discussed.

I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

The Rogers TV remote has screwed up my television and I can no longer access my cable. When i went to Rogers Anyplace TV it says that I am not signed up for any of the channels, even though I am. When I contacted Rogers - TWICE - tht there was a problem on their end and would fix it. I am still waiting without access to products that I spend a lot of money on each and every month. 

I am very upset with getting absolutely nowhere with anything. All I get is broken promises and "I can't fix that from here." Shame on you Rogers. Totally non-customer centric. 

I've Been Around

This app has never worked properly on either device (iPhone or iPad) except for very briefly sometime ago.  It is hard to believe that a company such as Rogers would release such a poorly developed app into its customer base.  It is also hard to imagine that Rogers would not be concerned about the bad PR image it may be painting to the marketplace, in that there has been no communication to calm the people who have been so frustrated with the application.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Per my post 31, the problems are not going away. If anything it's getting worse.  An issue that I've seen more recently. I'll set a recording either via the PVR or via AnyPlace (Web or Tablet) and when I check the scheduled recording on AnyPlace, it shows something completely different. I encountered this recently for F1 and now I'm encountering it again. It shows properly on the PVR itself

I may schedule a recording for a "Race" and on AnyPlace it'll say "Soccer", or sometimes it'll say "manual recording", even when it's only a couple of days out. (you often see manual recordings if the scheduled recording is 5-6 days out).  The scheduled recording programme title is totally incorrect on the AnyPlace list of scheduled recordings, not even agreeing with the guide on AnyPlace.

Also, as previously mentioned, there are a lot of empty spaces or TBAs for quite a few channels.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Because of some blank spaces in the AnyPlace IPG, my 9865 PVR's scheduled recordings don't currently show recordings for those blank spaces, even though the appropriate programme titles are in the PVR's own IPG.  For example "Grand Designs" Channels 514, 3PM daily, shows scheduled recordings for those days when AnyPlace shows Grand Designs at those times, however, on Wednesday and Thursday those spaces are blank on AnyPlace, throwing off the scheduled recordings.

Sometimes these will repopulate as the time draws nearer and sometimes the PVR will record anyway, but often things do not go smoothly.  Why there are differences in the various IPGs is still bothering me, as is my constantly needing to babysit my PVR to get my programming recorded. 

I sure hope the many  blank spaces, TBAs, and programme title inconsistencies are resolved soon.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I just fired up the web app and see the same thing, blanks on Wednesday and Thursday, channel 514 at 3PM.

However, I see another anomaly. Normally in the top LH corner I see PVR 1 which I can switch to STB 2. This time I see "STB not available" and no other choices. However I can click a show and set a recording and it appears scheduled on my SA8300HD.  Really weird.

Edit:

Got the entity too large error posting this reply.  After deleting Rogers cookies and signing in again, Manage PVR now shows my boxes. Always full of surprises.

Second Edit:

Now the Manage PVR grid no longer shows a red dot on the program I scheduled to record when it was "STB Not available", but it's still scheduled on my TV IPG.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR: I've seen all of the items you mentioned.

1. STB unavailable, but can schedule recordings. I can also "manage my PVR" viewing recordings and scheduled recordings with an "unavailable" PVR. 

2. I often get the "entity too large" (or some other error) when logging into Rogers Forums. As I mentioned before in another thread, this often happens if I've been using AnyPlace, or logged in elsewhere on Rogers - or vice versa. My suggestion is to quit the browser (thereby logging out of everything) and then to restart the browser and then login.  This always works for me.  I always do this now since it only takes 2 seconds instead of ending up with error messages.

3. I also saw the red dot appear/disappear after scheduling a recording - on AnyPlace and on my PVR. 

Again, this is getting to be a huge mess and Rogers needs to address the IPG/AnyPlace issues.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My series timeslot recording has not picked up next Monday's finale for Better Call Saul. Don't know why, other than on the AnyPlace IPG it says "Better Call" until you click on it. I decided not to spend any more time investigating so I set a single recording for 10PM and again at 4AM Tuesday. Interestingly, the IPG shows 4AM, but if you click on the programme (or search) it shows 4:30AM as one of the options, which is incorrect... My list of scheduled recordings in AnyPlace shows my 4AM scheduled recording as "The Day The Earth Stood Still" which isn't even airing at that time.   Who knows, the series may kick in later this week like it sometimes does for my daily recordings.

FYI, AMC are running the season of Saul before the Finale.

There are way too many issues with the IPG these days.

PS. This time it isn't even the "We'll start the finale at 10:01" trick. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Saul had not shown up last night in my series tile, or on AnyPlace, but this morning the series recording has shown up on the PVR and on AnyPlace. Also the 4AM single recording is now showing properly as "Better Call Saul" instead of "The Day The Earth Stood Still" on AnyPlace.  I have deleted the single 10PM "backup" recording.

Normally weekly series recordings are updated the morning after the recording takes place, but this time it took 3 days - strange.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't get the "Manage PVR" icon on my FF45.0.2 browser on my Mac Mini for the past couple of days. I can get in via RAPTV on my iPad, as well as with Safari 9.1. Strange