Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

dexleong
dexleong
I'VE BEEN HERE AWHILE
Friday

It works fine now.

No it's not! It's still choppy and garbage!!
I'm Here A Lot

Mine has been the same.  Its been a while now that it is choppy.  It keeps cutting out and pausing.  Not reliable to watch anything for a week or two now.  Nothing changed here for me.  Same everything just problems with the service again.  The future is mobile and on demand.  If i can't watch it on my laptop I will cancel the service, not worth it right now.  I barely watch anything on rogers anymore, I can't rely on the service. 

I'm Here A Lot

LOL.  My apologies.  Today is pretty bad.  Yeah, they need to fix this.  

I'm Here A Lot

I agree.  I never had issues when I was with Fibe when watching online but then again my bill went up and I decided to leave.

I'm Here A Lot

interesting thread. I too was getting this exact issue. where my ALT TV(Bell) no issues. However my condundrum us that Rogers streaming (when it works ) is more reliable than Alt. which is why this gets frustrating that I continue to have issues with AnyplaceTV.

this all said. I went on the LIVE CHAT with ROGERS support last night and interestingly enough it started working. VERY ODD as the tech support guy said he did not do anything other than verify working.

All said. glad to see I am not the only one to get that exact issue... hope its up and running for you now.

I'm Here A Lot

Has anyone had a digital box replaced by rogers and then told that Anyplace TV will not connect to the app for 48 hours.  I was told that because of my new digital box my Anyplace TV will not work for 48 hours.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@susanperelman : I heard that rumour a few years ago. Since it is a requirement that one needs to have a STB for Anyplace to work, perhaps it takes that long for the STB to communicate its presence properly to the head end for Anyplace to work. In most cases it worked properly overnight (in my case a few years back), but perhaps to be safe some techs or CSRs say 48 hours.

I'm Here A Lot

It is still not working it has passed the 48 hour mark - now they say they need another 48 hours to have an engineer look into it.  ?!

All I know is when I contact any type of regular support with Rogers - nothing happens - generally the service is poor.  I contacted them 3 times over the weekend 2 of the times I was asked security questions to enter my account - once nothing.  When I asked about the security questions they said it was not necessary but the other two agents it was.

If you have a problem that you want solved contact the form on the website and tell them your concern.  Then a manger or more senior person contacts you and they solve the issue.  That is the only time I have my issue resolved.  

So many times the front line person does not know the answer, cannot help you with the issue - before the weekend I contacted an agent via text.  They ignore my direct request to have a support person to call me 4 times! I asked again and again - they said they couldn't do that.  When I pointed out how many times they had ignored my straight question and that they should review this for future training - the same support person called me themselves and when I asked them if they could help me with my issue they said no - so why are they wasting my time again???  I filed the complaint online - the senior person called me back and resolved everything in less than 10 minutes.

I suggest others start using this route, Rogers will have to change their methods if mangers and senior people are overwhelmed with issues front line staff should be able to handle.

I've Been Around

Even though the rogers anyplace tv worked briefly before ,now it says i have the wrong browser .The issue at another time said ,i wasnt in Canada ,i live in Canada . Somebodys dropping the ball here ,jk jk kinda 😎

Hey @Bigffish,

*Dives for the dropping ball* Loss of Anyplace TV is definitely an inconvenience and I can appreciate wanting to get this resolved quickly.  Let's see what we can do to push that along for ya. Can you confirm for me what browser you're using and if the issue persists on any other device?

RogersAndy