Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

How long ago did you sign up, etc first log into the app??

Found it can take a day or two for everything to seem to settle/sync up properly the first time (or any time say adding a box, etc)

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV [ New ]

Until recently, I've been able to change channels from my laptop on either of the TVs in our household from www.rogersondemand.com

I could see several channels with a window of hours at a time at once on my computer screen, and set the PVR to record, but most importantly it was the fastest way to browse my channels or search for a specific show.

Now the link that took me to that screen (the Manage PVR icon) is gone.  I've looked all over for a way to access the online guide.  Where did it go?  Is there a direct link or has something changed in the terms of my subscription?

--- edit to add ---

Hardware: NextBox Explorer 8642HD by Cisco
Subscription: was VIP, changed to some kind of customized Basic cable in the store about a month ago

--- edit #2 ---

Problem solved.  Post #16 has the answer.  See reply below.

I've Been Here Awhile

Now I understand why this was moved to the Rogers Anyplace thread.  I've just read post #16.  

Props to Gdkitty.  Sign out, click Manage PVR, enter username & password worked.

Success.

I've Been Here Awhile

So I think this is the link that mysteriously disappears after you log on: http://www.rogersondemand.com/Live/Pvr . Not sure why this is still an issue after almost a year!

I'm a Senior Advisor

This is the page you want:

http://www.rogersondemand.com/

Then click Manage PVR at the top and sign in if necessary.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As an FYI, AnyPlace seemed to be down for quite a few people on Wednesday.  I couldn't get on with my iPad app, or with the Web link using FF on my computer.  It seemed to be fixed last night and is working this morning.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 mine was working when yours was down. However, I did see a bunch of shows with red dots, supposedly scheduled, which actually weren't. This feature has not been 100% reliable since it was resurrected.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

We all know how useless Navigatr is for checking your scheduled recordings. For example, for single recordings it's not possible to check the channel, day, date, time, etc, even by clicking on it.

So, I've been using AnyPlace to check my recordings, which has typically worked well, however, this Sunday I'm recording:

12:00AM Channel 498 - F1 Pre-Race
3:00AM Channel 498 - F1 Post Race
12:55 Channel 30 - F1 Race.

The F1 race shows fine, but the Pre and Post-Race segments are showing on AnyPlace as SportsCentre.

Worse still, I have the Driver Introductions set to record on Channel 498 at 11:30PM Saturday. That programme has the title "NCAA Basketball" on Anyplace. How helpful.  Smiley Mad
It's the same on AnyPlace Web Version (FF45.0 on my Mac Mini) or on RAPTV on my iPad. It's difficult to know whether to blame Navigatr or AnyPlace for this mess. I was using AnyPlace to schedule the recordings and the programme titles are incorrect there now, even though they were correct when scheduling the recordings.  The programme titles are correct on Navigatr, but without any channel, time, day, date information.

On the IPG grid in AnyPlace, the "red dots" are in the correct spot with the correct programme title. How Sad!

I'm a Senior Advisor

c@57 I have the Australian GP Qualifying and Race scheduled on my 8300, each extended by one hour. Looking on my AnyPlace web app, I see I also have Sports Centre scheduled due to the time extension, but it doesn't show that in my Guide, although I see it's an hour longer in my scheduled recordings.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I thought it might have something to do with extending the recording time, but that's not the case for me.  I experimented by setting the recording without time extension and still run into the same issue.

It looks like you've run into yet another anomaly, perhaps due to the browser/computer you're using...  It seems that every device/PVR/computer/tablet/software/firmware shows something different.  Extremely confusing.