Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

Good morning @keith712!

Welcome to our Community!

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can further assist in troubleshooting this error. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

Using either Android and Chromebook - Error Messages

I just changed from Bell (after being with them my entire life) to Rogers. The main thing I want is to be able to watch tv on my computer. I've spent time online and on the phone with tech support but haven't found a solution. I have a lenovo N21 Chromebook. It does not support Playstore but Webstore is available. There is nothing available that I can find. I have received different errors when trying to watch live or playback something.

Error 1502 - I can't recall what this one said with it.

Something went wrong. Please try refreshing the browser or try again later.(1431)

"Hmm...this video taking a bit longer than expected. Thanks for your patience."

for below, the title changes with each try

Beyond the Sea is currently unavailable. Please try refreshing your browser or try again  

So, I've tried to put my Chrome browser into the acceptable browsers for the task (user-agent switcher). This allows me to login to rogersanyplacetv but the errors are above. Then, every once in a while, it works. I don't know why one show works and another doesn't. As well, I did initially use my Chromebook without a 'switcher' and was able to watch intermittently. 

I get similar errors using my Samsung phone.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

Thanks,

Laura

Hello @llkelly,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! We appreciate you posting your concern in the Community.

I watch a lot of TV on my computer as well so I can understand the frustration you must be feeling with Anyplace TV not working on your Chromebook. 

Currently, the only Operating Systems supported by Rogers Anyplace TV are listed below:

• Android device running Android 4.4 or higher
• iOS device running iOS 9.0 or higher
• Macintosh OS running a supported web browser
• Microsoft Windows running a supported web browser

With Chromebook running Chrome OS it doesn't look like it would be a supported device. Your Samsung phone should definitely be a supported device. Which Samsung device are you using and what is it's current Android Version?

We look forward to your response! =)

RogersTony

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

After nearly 10 months since the start of the rollout of the new anyplace tv it is finally working for live stream. I never thought I would see the Day.
Don't know what happened but I am very happy I can finally watch the jays live...yippeeee
I've Been Here Awhile

Just updating with one of the Android errors:

Something went wrong. Try restarting the app or trying again later. (1009)

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi RogersTony,

I have a Samsung J3 with v 7.1.1 Android.

I understand you're just the messenger (and, a volunteer?); however, this makes me very unhappy. I specifically asked about anyplace tv and there were no 'caveats' regarding access. I don't even own a tv... Smiley Sad

Have you any experience using 'user-agent switcher'?

Thanks, Laura 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@llkelly wrote:

Hi RogersTony,

I specifically asked about anyplace tv and there were no 'caveats' regarding access. I don't even own a tv... Smiley Sad

@llkelly : Here's an FAQ on Anyplace. I hope this addresses your question.  The "restrictions" are outlined in the second "bullet". Note that you need a digital TV subscription and set top box, etc.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

I'm Here A Lot

Don't see a solution here for the original problem, but I have it too. Have been using my W10 laptop to watch anyplaceTV in Chrome with no problems.

On the same network have been trying to use my desktop with W7 and Chrome, and anyplaceTV will not work. I get the Error 1502. I chatted for a while with Rogers support and we tried anyplaceTV on IE 11 as well and instead I got the Unsupported Browser error. I removed and reloaded Flash for both Chrome and IE 11, and still did not work with same results as previous, Error 1502 and Unsupported Browser respectively.

Had to leave the chat for an appointment so did not resolve it, and is still not working on my desktop, but still working on my laptop.

Can you please help?

Thanks!

Hello @ilinda,

It very strange that you are unable to watch Anyplace TV on your Windows 7 device while Windows 10 works just fine! We definitely want to investigate this for you to see what is going on. 

For Windows 7 devices, the only browser that will work is Google Chrome v. 50+, Internet Explorer 11 will only work on Windows 8.1 devices or above. Can you try to access it using Incognito Mode on Google Chrome to rule out an issue with the Cookies or the browser Cache? 

Keep us posted on the result!

RogersTony

I'm Here A Lot

Incognito Mode in Chrome on my desktop did not work. I got the same Error 1502.

Any other ideas? :-)