Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Anyplace TV

The feature to watch a recorded program from the Digital Video Recorder (DVR) using the Rogers Anyplace TV App on the iPad does not work. Has anyone else had this experience? How can this be resolved?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

(disregard my previous if you read it.. opps.. miss read it >.>)

See Lurker's post below.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Chanson01 wrote:

The feature to watch a recorded program from the Digital Video Recorder (DVR) using the Rogers Anyplace TV App on the iPad does not work. Has anyone else had this experience? How can this be resolved?

Unless a feature has been added that I'm not aware of, you can't WATCH recorded programs on your tablet or phone.

With the Anyplace TV app, you can:

1. SCHEDULE programs to be recorded, and manage your PVRs storage

2. Watch certain LIVE tv channels while on your home network.

3.  Use the tablet as a remote.  You can control your PVR from the tablet, meaning you can change channels, and select recorded programs to watch on your tv.

You can't actually watch rcorded programs on your tablet

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Chanson01, what @Lurker said. You never could watch your PVR recordings on anything but your TV. Also, when I une the RAPTV app on my Android tablet, I can schedule and manage my PVR recordings, but the "Live TV" option just hangs. I believe for it to work you need to have a particular Rogers Internet package  and my Internet is from an independent ISP. And it's only supposed to work in your home WiFi, unlike Manage PVR.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Quick question. What is the difference between Rogers Anyplace TV and Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition?
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

AnyPlace TV = Rogers On Demand service

AnyPlace TV Home Edition = Remote Access to your Boxes. Set schedule recording on your PVR even when you are out with friends from your phone/tablet. Control your box (change channels) with the built in remote.

I have 3 Nextbox (1 is NextBox 3.0 PVR, the other are non-pvr HD Nextbox). And I can switch between them and control them from my phone, with the home edition.

The standard AnyPlace TV is similar to Roger on Demand website. Rent/Order movies.

Two different purpose. Which is why I believe it was never merged, but that is my speculation.

Hope that helps

Cheers,

RogersShakir

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thanks.  That does help.   Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

So why couldn't someone at Rogers come up with a more appropriate name for the Home Edition app. to avoid the confusion between the two? I've seen  lots of occasions on this and other forums where people refer to Anyplace TV when they are really talking about Anyplace TV Home Edition.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

NOW on the web, the application/site is one in the same.. but on the apps, yeah, are two different things.

I think the reason that it was named the home edition.. is because of the extra features like live TV which will only work while 'at home' (technically, any rogers ineternet connection)

I do agree. should be nammed better.

I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure how you can say that on the web they are one and the same.  On the web, Manage PVR from Rogers on Demand performs essentially the same function as Home Edition app. on a mobile device.  I don't see anything called Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition on the website.