Rogers Anyplace TV will not work with ipad or iphone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV will not work with ipad or iphone

I have 2 different iPad mini's. One is an iPad 2 and one is an iPad 4. I cannot get Anyplace TV to work on either, but it works fine on my laptop. Any suggestions?
I'm a Senior Advisor

From my readings, there seems to be no clear message around IPTV on various devices, in particlar issues with iOS.

I would suggested getting into a chat or call to support and disucss it and if not satisfied with answers, then submit a concern via the link on Contact Us on the MyRogers page, and keep escalating until you get what seems like an answer that you and others could understand, and then personally, I would ask why they have not made this clear to users.

There has been no shortage of implementation issues with this as they do their soft launch with engineers to prepare for IP based video (previously X1), and issues of licensing and full compatability of the various products, versions, etc given the large user base of various configurations and device and OS.

Let us know if you find out things, and anyone who may know, pop in.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@egh42 wrote:
I have 2 different iPad mini's. One is an iPad 2 and one is an iPad 4. I cannot get Anyplace TV to work on either, but it works fine on my laptop. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, however, please note that you will need the "old" Home Edition" app if you wish to programme your PVR and you will need the "new" Anyplace TV app, if you wish to stream. See the following post:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/my-guide-amp-manage-my-pvr-missing/m-p/415266#M45098

I've Been Around

Streaming Rogers Anyplace to Apple TV from IPad

When I try to stream from Rogers Anyplace to an Apple TV using my IPad and Screen mirroring, I get an error message 

“HDMI connection not allowed while streaming video”

I do not have this issue with any other app. Is there a fix for this?

thank you,

Maria

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mariaofmanotickwrote:

Streaming Rogers Anyplace to Apple TV from IPad

When I try to stream from Rogers Anyplace to an Apple TV using my IPad and Screen mirroring, I get an error message 

“HDMI connection not allowed while streaming video”

I do not have this issue with any other app. Is there a fix for this?

No, the Anyplace app (required for streaming) doesn't allow for "casting". This question has been asked and the answer confirmed in several Anyplace threads on this forum.  It used to work on Home Edition, but no longer there either and the Home Edition doesn't allow for streaming at all roughly since the Anyplace app came out.

I'm a Senior Advisor

This issue lies in licensing - to cast on an Apple, or other similiar device, the current Comcast licensing (which also means Rogers as they have contracted the product from Comcast).  The only device you can cast from (and in the US only) is a beta version for Roku available only to XFINITY customers.  Not available here at this time.

Search Comcast or Xfinity and Roku and you can learn more.

Similiar to how Bell allows people to use Apple TV boxes with their systems, you need the licensing first - (i.e., the company pays the licensing, and the cost for using it is part of our pricing - personally, I would love to see a model where all these features were add-ons in order to keep basic tv down in price).

But something like it will eventually show up. Just not now.

For those that are thinking, but what does my current TV have to do with the New Ignite TV service developed by Comcast and being implemented on Rogers network and a few other companies in North America - In the first implementation, the "new" Anyplace apps are part of both our traditional services, but are also containing code for the new implementation.  So restrictions arising out of that interface apply to us too related to licensing - same reason why manage recording is not there. 

Time will tell what we actually get.

Interesting tidbit - the ignite app says powered by Chrome and is a totally different app, so maybe Rogers can sever the licensing issues with the old app from over a year ago on their traditional cable services and the new app for Ignite TV.

That is if Rogers has maintained their original licensing related to the old apps, or want to renew them.

All speculation, the future of Rogers TV will soon be here, date to be defined.

Bruce

Bruce