Rogers Anyplace TV will not work with ipad or iphone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV will not work with ipad or iphone

Cannot watch anytime tv (Home Edition app)on new iPad Pro

My new iPad Pro has iOS 11, cannot connect to tv channels.  My old iPad 3 which has iOS 9 can connect with no issues.  My guess is that the anytime tv (Home Edition ) app is not ready for iOS 11.  Please confirm if this is the case.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@krist8:

The same thing happened almost exactly 2 years ago in late 2015 to anyone who upgraded to iOS9 at the time on their iPad.  At that time, it took Rogers about 5 months to bring out a version of the AnyPlace App that was compatible with iOS9.  See the thread below:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/thread-id/407...

Before doing a major iOS upgrade (like to 10, or 11) to my iPad iOS I now always wait a while and check various forums to see if there is an issue. I believe 10 went cleanly and I'm currently running 10.3.3 on my iPad and Anyplace works fine.  I even wait a while with minor iOS updates to see if it'll adversely affect any of my apps.  I certainly don't run auto-update.

I realize that your Pro probably came with 11, but at least you have another device that allows you to use AnyPlace

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks.  I did search 3 times before making this post.  In fact it took me quite a while to find out how to post.  The web site is very hard to use.

I've Been Around

Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition with  iOS 11

I just updated my iPad and iPhone to iOS 11 and while the guide loads fine the tv channels won’t play. I’ve rebooted, logged out and back in but no change. I’m getting error message 700. Any solution?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@captinlizi:  Please see the post 12 of 15

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Therefore it seems like the same merry go round as two rears ago with IOS 9 and RAPTV not working, as we are currently experiencing now with IOS 11, error message 700.

Can we get Rogers to move on this issue quickly and not 5 months like he last time.

Bell watch tv app works with IOS 11 as a friend has it, sad that Rogers seems not to be up to date on this stuff, and have to wait months for a resolution.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Maybe that's getting fixed, because it doesn't work on my PC today.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

iPad pro iOS 11.2.2 VPN off
keep getting error ...for the last month or so..
"Streaming error . This is a problem with the channel and is currently unavailable..Please try again later (700)
Package channel
I'm streaming channel 26 on on MBP with chrome.
Guide come up ok.
same issue on any channel selected.
Regards
I Plan to Stick Around

I notice the APP on iTunes only has one star
Is this a BAD APP?
Regards
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@frankb : It's not necessarily a bad app, but it's certainly not a very good one. If you look at the recent Anyplace threads (there are quite a few of them), you'll see in recent posts that there are lots of issues with streaming or the guide, etc.  It seems to depend on the device used, the version of firmware on your device and the version of Anyplace. For example, I've retained the "old" version of Anyplace HE on my iPad and I haven't upgraded my iOS to 11 either, so I can stream and use the guide just fine.  I always check here (and other forums first) before updating the app or iOS to see what other people have to say.

Others have mentioned issues with streaming or the guide.  This is on top of the issues with Anyplace web, which no longer manages the PVR and has many other issues too.

Here's but one example:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/TV-Guide-on-Home-Edition-iPad-app/m-p/415044#M45017