Rogers Anyplace TV - not available outside of Canada error

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV - not available outside of Canada error

Anyplace TV on android - shows out of country so can't install

Hello,

I'm trying to install Anyplace TV on my android table (3 different tables) but it will not let me. I'm currently in London, Ontario.

• When I go to google play is does not show up.
  • When I do an internet search it finds it but when I click on the link it takes me to google play and says "This item isn't available in your country"
  • Google appear to set up correctly
    • Location is turned on
    • When I go to google maps it shows my location as my address
    • Other apps (such as Flipp, The Weather Network via Chrome) show it correctly

Any ideas? Thanks

Hello, @MTBGCA

I can imagine how disappointing it is for you not being able to benefit from the Anyplace TV App on your devices. =(

From the sounds of it, the IP address that has been assigned to your modem may have an incorrect location associated with it. Please visit https://www.whatismyip.com/ from any of your affected devices internet browser and it should provide you with the Public IP of your device as well as an approximate location. Do not post the IP address here as that is personal information but please let us know if the location is showing outside of Canada. If yes, are you using a VPN service on your modem or devices?

Keep us posted on the results!

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello, @MTBGCA

I can imagine how disappointing it is for you not being able to benefit from the Anyplace TV App on your devices. =(

From the sounds of it, the IP address that has been assigned to your modem may have an incorrect location associated with it. Please visit https://www.whatismyip.com/ from any of your affected devices internet browser and it should provide you with the Public IP of your device as well as an approximate location. Do not post the IP address here as that is personal information but please let us know if the location is showing outside of Canada. If yes, are you using a VPN service on your modem or devices?

Keep us posted on the results!

RogersTony

Thanks for the reply Tony.

I checked my IP as suggested and it says location is Toronto, ON, CA. and IPS Rogers Communications Canada Inc.

Gordon

Hello, @MTBGCA.

Thank you for checking the IP address on your tablet. What's the make and model of your tablet(s)? It's possible the tablet is running an OS which is not supported even though it's Android-based. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MTBGCA : Check out the following FAQ on Anyplace.  Make sure you meet all the criteria in the second dropdown and check out the other dropdowns as well, especially the fourth one regarding Canadian Google Play, address, etc..

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMoin wrote:

Hello, @MTBGCA.

Thank you for checking the IP address on your tablet. What's the make and model of your tablet(s)? It's possible the tablet is running an OS which is not supported even though it's Android-based. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Hello,

I'm trying on my Samsung Tab A (2107) with Android 8.1.0 and Asus ZenPad Android 6.0.1.

Tank you

Hello, @MTBGCA.

I appreciate you confirming the device models and OS version. Since the error happening on multiple devices, it could be related to the Google Play account. Does your Google account point to an out of country address?

You can try creating a new Google account, clear Google Play's cache/data on the device, associate the newly created Google account with the device and try downloading the app. 

Keep us apprised. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

I have same issue here with the new huawei MediaPad T5 tablet. Only this device in the house has issue, all others work fine.

Tried using your method as above, catch clean with APP, also uninstall the APP and reinstall after reboot the tablet, not working.

The model is AGS2-L03 8.0.0.175(C654).EMUI Android 8.0.0

currently using Rogers Ignite 500u Internet.

Any help will be appreciated.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The link in post 25 of this thread is not working for me.  I tried Chrome, Safari and FF.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

I Plan to Stick Around

It's been some time but yes, my google account was pointing to the USA. I've corrected it but have not tried the Anytime App since the correction.