Rogers Anyplace TV - error 1005

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers Anyplace TV - error 1005

1005 error for android Samsung S5

I am using rogers anyplace tv version latest app version, 13.2.027.10 on my android S5 and I get an error .

It says Find out if your devices are compatible, search in the Help Center.  (1005)

So what should I do for the 1005 error?

*Added Labels*

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV - error 1005

Hello @jack_!

Thanks for posting to the Rogers Community forums. Smiley Wink

We look forward to provide you with the help you need.

Having access to the content from Rogers Anyplace TV is important and we want to help you identify what's causing the issue.

• Have you made sure your phone had the latest OS (I know you've verified that the app was updated)?

• What troubleshooting steps have you taken since noticing the issue?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

I'm Here A Lot

I have tried installing and uninstalling 5 times as well as cleaning out the cache. So if you know what error 1005 means, please answer as best as you can?

Hello, @jack_.

I appreciate you reinstalling the app; it's a good troubleshooting step. 

At what stage do you get the error 1005? Are you able to use the app on a different device?

If you are able to use the Rogers Anyplace TV app on another device, then the error could be specific to the S5 device. It may not have enough resources to stream. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm Here A Lot

after installing the app and then run it, I get the error. I even tried all of the browsers on the website for anyplace tv and those are only meant for windows computers, not android cell phones.

Hello, @jack_.

Thank you for the clarification. You are right; a browser can't be used on a cell phone to access Anyplace TV. 

Can you confirm Anyplace TV works on your computer or any other device? 

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Hello,

Does Roger's anyplace TV app still work?

It does not work on my galaxy edge S7. I am getting the same error message as mentioned above. After inputting my login info, the error message shows.

I login to myrogers account online and try to access anyplace TV from there and it gets redirected to a web browser and I get the error message saying the browser is unsupported. Says to use chrome browser meanwhile I am using chrome.

Please help, this is ridiculous from Roger's.
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers anyplace tv works fine on the computer with windows 7, but that is not the issue. is right about the problem with the android cell phone. They use Android Operating System which is different than windows operating system. So Rogers needs to fix the problem!

Hey @Timo10!

I can appreciate wanting to get the app working on your phone for sure! Are there any other devices you're having this issue with? You won't be able to access AnyPlace TV using a browser on a mobile device but let us know if you're able to access it using a computer.

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

As I said before in the last post Rogers anyplace tv works fine on the Computer with windows 7, but that is not the issue. The problem with the android cell phone. They use Android Operating System which is different than windows operating system. So Rogers needs to fix the problem!  Rogers should enable that you can use a browser on the android phone. That should be an easy solution for them to do.