Rogers Anyplace TV - Trouble loading. Try later (1006)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Anyplace TV - Trouble loading. Try later (1006)

Had always been able to watch Anyplace TV on my iPad but all week have gotten error ‘Whatever show had some trouble loading. Please try again later (1006). I have reinstalled the app but no change. It is working on other devices.

***Added Labels***

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV - Trouble loading. Try later (1006)

Hey @felixmcc!

Thanks so much for reaching out. AnyPlace TV is an incredibly convenient source for consuming content, so I appreciate you letting us know that you're having an issue with it. Can you confirm the following for us?

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

What iOS version is your iPad running?

Is this error occurring with all shows? Or just some?

@RogersAndy

I've Been Here Awhile

All show. Was watching a show, next day tried to resume and got the error. Did a reinstall and hard shutdown of the iPad running version 9.3.

Hello, @felixmcc.

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the app is failing to load only on the iPad running iOS 9.3; it seems like the app is getting blocked. Have you recently made changes to your iPad prior to the app stopped working?

Would you please try uninstalling the app again by going to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage > Anyplace TV > Delete app?

Once it's uninstalled, you can go to the app store, download and install the app again. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@felixmcc wrote:

All show. Was watching a show, next day tried to resume and got the error. Did a reinstall and hard shutdown of the iPad running version 9.3.

9.3???  That's Three years old!!  Latest iOS is 12.2.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

@felixmcc wrote:

9.3???  That's Three years old!!  Latest iOS is 12.2.

It's a pet peeve of mine that OS's are constantly being updated,  crippling earlier versions. I've never been on the bleeding edge, primarily because I've found new versions to be buggy and incompatible with installed apps. I have Windows 7 on my laptop and Windows XP on my desktop and they do everything I need. (Well, Dropbox stopped working on XP, but Google Drive still works, so I can still transfer files without having to do it physically). But it runs a lot deeper than that. I have an old Kobo Vox tablet I use as an e-reader for books which crashed and I couldn't re-install the Dropbox app I use to load new books from Google Play because the current app is incompatible with the Android version of the tablet. Dropbox Support wouldn't help, but at least I was able to find a compatible apk using Google. I guess "planned obsolescence" is a 1970s term, but it's certainly a part of our culture now and people don't care and accept it and keep paying through the nose for it.  This is just the tip of the iceberg about what I have to say on the subject. Backwards compatibility is of prime importance, but today's coders don't care about anything before they were born.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also am rarely on the bleeding edge these days.  I always watch to see if the latest iOS or OS is compatible with what I'm running and rarely have "auto-update" on anything I run.  However, with apps/phones/tablets, etc. it's rare that you can run for very long without running into incompatibility problems between apps and OS/iOS.  Certainly not 3 years.

It's different with computers where I also am running an OS from 2013 on my MacBook Pro and 2014 on my Mac Mini.

The issue with running older OS is that at some point you can't get updates any more and then there are concerns regarding security, malware, etc.