Rogers Anyplace TV - Content

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV - Content

Mobile app vs on demand and the differing content.

Why doesn’t the anyplace tv app on my mobile device not have the same selection of shows that the Rogers in demand on the tv have? It is frustrating not being able to watch on my mobile device.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Suzieq2:

The types of content are all negotiated between the service providers (Rogers) and the content providers separately. For example

- SD Programming

- HD programming

- On Demand

- Streaming

- Etc.

Therefore, even though you may be able to access a particular programme in one way, it doesn't mean that you'll be able to access it in another.

I Plan to Stick Around

I spoke to a cable rep today via chat about being able to view TMN away from home and I was told to wait 24 hours. I am not sure what to think I did like being able to watch live TMN. I can say the revamp of Anyplace has been very disappointing. Very limited on how much is available period.I think they're adding more content everyday.
Rogers is licensed to let there customers use PVR systems on all channels. (I think) So they are able to make Anyplace deliver what they like I think it is just in the works to be the same as before but better by the time they are done.
I've Been Around

Does anyone know why the anyplace app only has the latest episodes and not previous seasons of a show? for example it  only has arrow season 6 (not 1-5) but it is tricky to get into such a fast paced show so many seasons in. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've Been Here Awhile

Anyplace TV not showing all my channels

Hi there,

Anyplace TV is not showing all my channels, I pay for 2 extra channels and they are not coming up. I can see the other channels included in my subscription, but not the extra ones. Can someone help?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@gioli73 wrote:

Anyplace TV not showing all my channels

Hi there,

Anyplace TV is not showing all my channels, I pay for 2 extra channels and they are not coming up. I can see the other channels included in my subscription, but not the extra ones. Can someone help?

Are you using a computer, tablet or phone? On my laptop, using Chrome I have all my channels in the Guide, but some don't play, telling me I need Rogers Internet, which I don't have.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

I have the same problem except that I cannot get any channels

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

gioli73 wrote: 

If you're using a computer and the Chrome web browser, I have found the same. Quite a few of my channels are not available (even in the guide) and the option to view "all channels" doesn't work. The information several days out is missing for many channels and the search doesn't find programming because of this and the "missing channels".  We have been advised that this (AnyPlace Web) is a "work in progress", but I wouldn't hold my breath.  I use the app on my iPad instead, because there I can see all channels and I can "manage PVR".

We can only hope that AnyPlace Web someday is completely functional and has the ability to "Manage PVR."  Here's a link to my comments re AnyPlace Web:  

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/127977-web-app-scheduling-anypl...

The reason that some channels don't show up for me may be that I'm on a Grandfathered Ultimate VIP package and the "system" doesn't have that option, so it uses their current package instead...

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm using a computer to access Anyplace TV, I use Chrome. I haven't tried on my laptop yet.