Rogers Anyplace TV - Content

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV - Content

Thank you for your reply. It cleared things up a bit. I'm trying to access it using a computer, I use Chrome as well. I haven't tried on my laptop yet. Thanks again for the explanation!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

gioli73 wrote: I haven't tried on my laptop yet. 

The results on a laptop will be the same since it's a computer using AnyPlace Web.  You would need to use a tablet or phone to see a difference.

I've Been Around

Rogers keeps missing and falling behind on uploading episodes to AnyplaceTV

You need to do a better job of uploading episodes to AnyplaceTV in a timely and consistent manner.

Right now, you are 2 weeks behind on The Chi (TMN) and Counterpart (TMN).  You are a week behind on Absentia (Showcase).  For Here and Now (TMN), you put up episode 2 but not episode 1.  For Another Period (MUCH) you didn't upload any episodes in week 1 and 2, and then added 3 episodes all at once in week 3.  I am sure there are problems with other shows.  For any given show, I feel like the odds are 50-50 that it is up to date on Anyplace, even after granting a few days cushion following the initial live broadcast.  So you need to QC this service a lot better.  Applies to both website and app.

Hello, @lcor22

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for sharing your observation of content upload to Anyplace TV. I appreciate the detailed feedback, we will definitely pass it on to the Anyplace TV team for the review. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Just switched to Premier group of channels.

Can't see several of the Premier channels on Anyplace, on Windows 10 PC

Using the Guide and "All Channels" for example, AMC, and Discovery are not listed (#39 and #42 in my area)

as well as many other channels

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pgcairo : Yep, as mentioned in the following post.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Anyplace-TV-App/m-p/423568#M46666

I have no idea why when you select all channels it doesn't show all channels.  C'mon Rogers, fix this.

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Anyplace is useless

Why can't Rogers look at what the competition (like Bell) has and try to come close? They don't seem to care. It's as if Rogers is planning to abandon the TV (maybe internet?) part of the business and concentrate on wireless. I have Rogers TV, Internet and phone but I have Bell Mobility for my cellular and I would never switch my cellular provider. The ONLY reason I have not switched to Bell fro my TV and Internet is that the internet slows down when someone else in the house is watching TV. If Bell were to run fiber to my house I would dump Rogers since they don'r seem to care about their customers.

I'm Here A Lot

Rogers Anyplace TV missing episodes ... Again

On going issue for years... Rogers will skip posting a weeks worth of shows or mistakenly duplicate the previous weeks shows...

Since I've been complaining about this for years its getting too tedious to post specific show titles when the problem appear to be across all shows. If you look at "Featured" shows click anything... first on the list is killing eve... missing last weeks episode has ep 1, 2, 4. (This is a test if your tech support is awful they will only fix this one show and ill post a long list of how many they missed)

It should be obvious as Rogers is a content delivery service the first thing they should get right is actually delivering the content.

I've Been Here Awhile

I suspect Rogers abandoned AnyPlace TV some time ago. They started focusing in what became Ignite TV which is now available. Since they claim Ignite TV is the same on any platform you should be able to use Rogers on demand, the free TV shows part of that, and catch up on episodes everywhere. With Ignite TV anything you record is on the cloud and you will be able to watch whatever you recorded anywhere. In the meantime, I have used Global TV and CTV TV online streaming to watch some stuff. I will probably switch to Ignite TV once I have watched what I have recorded, such as Endeavor from PBS which seems to not be available on any streaming service including britbox.com or Netflix.

I've Been Around

Rogers Anyplace TV is typically a poor platform to stream TV, but has been convenient until today.  I had to abandon my show half way through because there was no way to stop the never ending "9 reasons to hire a virtual assistant from the Philippines" commercial, even though there was a Skip Ad selection that didn't work.  This horrible ad went on for what seemed like 20 minutes.  Enough time for me to find another stream on the network and find my place in the TV show, including going through about 16 adds.  I pay a lot for my Rogers services and with all of the streaming options out there, I am really starting to wonder why.