Rogers Anyplace TV - Content

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Anyplace TV - Content

Was playing TMN until today on channels you can watch kinda not right already taking channels off typical of Rogers !

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV - Content

Hi @RedBerry11,

Thanks for your post. I totally get how important it is to have a consistent experience with content on Anyplace TV.

Are you currently subscribed to TMN in your cable package or have you made any recent changes?  You should only be able to view content on Anyplace TV that is a part of your current cable subscription.

Let us know!

RogersShaun

I Plan to Stick Around

I do subscribe to it I am currently visiting my Anyplace TV out of town and was able to view all four TMN channels now they are gone from the available to watch section. In all channel section it now informs me I have to be at home.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Just to confirm what I think @RedBerry11 is saying.

Historically channels selection included TMN, but does not now. 

Under channels (the way we have historically thought of the concept of on demand channel selections as found historically online and via our TV boxes), there is no longer a selection for TMN or HBO in the all channels section.

So what I am saying, is that if you click channels in the top bar, you get selections of Sports on Now, Featured On Demand channels, and all channels (I will leave commenting on what is below if you scroll down, which you can't do except with a touch screen or using your cursor keys)

How to find TMN

These are the sections one sees when one goes to the channels view space.

So logically, I would do as I have always known, I would click all channels - and in there, you will not find TMN or HBO.

Workaround

Now, if I scroll down (I use my cursor key, but logically, I wouldn't think there is anything below as there is no scroll bar, just that first three views.  No indication at all on the screen that there may be something below

The use of the arrow key is a work around on a desktop or laptop or any device that uses mouse or touch pad for movement versus touch screen.

What we see when we "scroll down" (arrow key)

1. Premimum which in my case includes TMN and Super channel,

2.Movies - TMN and Movies

3. Entertainment

4. Lifestyle

5. Education and learning.

Much like we are used to seeing on the TV.

Where is HBO 

I do say where is my HBO, but maybe that is a result of licensing as they have their own app on the go. 

In the comcast apps from Xfinity in the U.S. they don't provide many of the speciality on the go apps because they are on an IPTV model and so it is a direct link and sign into the HBO online website or app, and in the XFinity app, the TMN is the same as the Rogers implemenation in this web site (which I have already confirmed from a senior lead in management that this is the Comcast version we see here, just logos, and layout is slightly changed to reflect both the existing Cable distribution (not IPTV), but XFinity does the same too (they have Cable QAM in place and IPTV too.

So @RedBerry11 I suspect that if you scroll down (sorry cursor down (;  ) you will probably find these.

In conclusion: 

So, given what I just wrote, @RedBerry11  see if you can move down the page and find TMN for your access to the channel that you subscribe to, and if you go down the guide section, I do find the four TMN channels are there.

I didn't find all of my selection, but in my home, don't know about away from home, I see everything I subscribe to on my computer - I have used this feature to plug into my rarely used TV in basement that I have only a DTA on to watch my full features set.

So there really are good things "hidden" in here, it is unfortunately left to us the consumer to explore and find it.  A full feature set up date is usually provided with most companies when these things are done.

I guess @57, @OLDYELLR, myself and the many others who made the initial list before the tutorials came out will need to take the initiative to layout the feature set and tutorials on how to work with the product once again.

I know, I really don't want to do it, but I provide this one.

Maybe someone can tell us what is available away from home in terms of full on demand access and note on demand is limited by what the networks decide to put there in their negotiations with Rogers.

Hope that helps.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

I was watching TMN 1234, through new app on watch channels not sure if it was glitch but they were working gone today.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Could very well be given that they are programming on the fly at the moment.  I know my view of on demand and guide live channels have changed in the 3 times I have looked at it.

As I mentioned, I don't use it much, so I have little to compare with, but anyone who is experiencing challenges in what you know are services that were there prior and you can't locate them now

This is a good place to bring it for discussion.

Also, although in my experience the tech support have few answers on this implementation and little is being fed our direction as customers in general, give a chat or call to tech support and explain your situation and if the answers don't satisfy you, request an escalation to a manager or use the report a concern feature.  @CommunityHelps may be able to locate answers for you too.

But as customers, I believe we have the right to keep bringing our questions and frustrations forward until we each of us has a reasonable resolution - much like how questions about login on this site trickle in now and then, and the questions about email, or the KRACK security issue with WIFI.

We come here to get clarification and if not satisfied, my recommendation is always to go directly to Rogers staff which includes the moderators here through communityhelps, or the other channels of phone, chat, facebook, twitter, or report a concern.

I hope you get closer to being able to consistently having access to your services in a predictable and user friendly manner.  All I want for me too.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

I think it was a glitch it was awesome was also able to watch all 4 channels on my Android. I am watching the new app on PC. I also believe that because I am watching through Eastlink Cable maybe that also confused system. If I switch over to all channels the message is I must be home to watch on PC. It was awesome while it lasted lol.I have the Premier package and am able to see allot of channels through the new set up. I do believe it was an glitch on there end.Thanks for taking the time to reply B.S. I just wish it turns back on. LMAO
I Plan to Stick Around

Does Premier package include being able to view TMN because I was able to watch it on PC and Android through Eastlink Cable. Since rollout until today. It was awesome to watch premium channel through app all 4. With previous Anyplace TV you could watch TMN 1 from home only on Hone edition. WELL PLAYED hoping to watch OUTLANDER tomorrow if Woman's Network stays available. LOL
I'm a Senior Advisor

@RedBerry11  I don't think that it is normally part of the premier package.  I do know that there has occasionally been times where it was added on for a limited period as an add-on for free (I once had it for a year and then we started paying for it when we requested that we wanted to keep it in our viewing selections.

Probably the best way to clarify all your viewing options would be to contact via PM the @CommunityHelps (sorry, but I don't have the link handy that describes this process), but it is done as a private message via the messaging section found when you click your username icon with the little envelope.

Enter communityhelps in the to field describe what assistance you need and they will reach out to you for account information so that they can discuss all options with you.

I hear they are very good at what they do.

Bruce 

I Plan to Stick Around

No not part of package but I just thought maybe if you subscribe to that package plus TMN maybe that was reason I was able to view briefly away from home? Grasping at straws now but it did work the amount of channels I can watch away from home is amazing though! Actually incredible Truly is ANYPLACE TV! AMC WOMEN'S, SPACE, ACYION,CNN CTV ALL KIDS CHANNELS. Just to name a few TMN all four live channels was to good to be true.
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats