Rogers Any Place TV App - Access Error

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Any Place TV App - Access Error

Every time I access Live TV through the Any Place TV iPad App I keep getting the message,

"This service is only available when you are connected to your home internet service. It appears that you are not currently connected"

My iPad is connected to the my home internet connection through Wi-Fi. I have the same problem on the Windows 8 App accessing Rogers Any place TV.

I can view shows through the Any Place TV webpage.

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Any Place TV App - Access Error

ASSUMING your home internet is with rogers?
Needs to be rogers internet, for the live TV part to work.

I will see if i can test on mine later tonight.

Hello @rraj2k9, Welcome to Rogers Community Forum!Smiley Happy

I understand you have mentioned you are using your Rogers’ home Wi-Fi connection, have you made any changes? Like changing the DNS to a Non-Rogers’ servers or adding a 3rd party router which is using different DNS?

We need more details to isolate the issue. Were you able to access Live TV before through Rogers Any Place TV (RAP TV) on your iPad or Win8 app before?

You may want to try rebooting modem and try to turn wifi off/on your ipad to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks,
RogersMoinSmiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oooh.. very good thought on it needing the rogers DNS @RogersMoin!

I just checked my ipad.

On DHCP off my CGN3, uses the rogers DNS.
Loging in on it, with my rogers ID (this one) which is tied with my account.

Was able to watch live TV at least on the two stations i tried.

Hello @Gdkitty, thank you for testing out the RAP TV. I appreciate you continuously sharing your expertise and helping the Community out!Smiley Happy

@rraj2k9, please try the above suggestions and update the Community, it would be very helpful.

Thanks,
RogersMoinSmiley Happy