Rogers 4K Picture and Audio Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rogers 4K Picture and Audio Issues

Hello @malcolmgraham!

Welcome to our Community!

I know audio/visual issues can absolutely ruin the watching experience. I'm a stickler for good quality picture... that's why I never use any of those shady streaming sites. I can't deal with a poor quality picture! Ugh!

I'm just curious if swapping your 4K PVR resolved this issue. If not, we're here to help at anytime. Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can further assist. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@malcolmgraham wrote:

Also experiencing same issues with the 4K PVR; I don't have the issue with the regular 4K box or my HD PVR. Tried different HDMI input and cables; same problem. Got a new 4K PVR yesterday, will have to see if fixed. Suspect it's either a 4K PVR hardware or software issue (hopefully a software issue). Also noticed that my 4K Apple TV has issues when it's close to a power adapter (moved the adapter and problem went away); this makes me suspect power interference issue inside the 4K PVR box.

@malcolmgraham

What issues are you having?

I've Been Here Awhile

Pixelating picture and audio dropouts
I've Been Here Awhile

The new Roger's 4K PVR seems to have fixed the problem; but more time needed to be sure. Had the same issue (pixelating picture and audio dropouts) with my regular 4K box yesterday but seems to have been related to a background software update and is OK now.
I'm Here A Lot

I am having the same problem only on rogers cable channel 998 4k .

Pitcilation and green screen issues 

2 visit by rogers Techs this week and the problem persists.

Drives me nuts...

I've Been Here Awhile

Same here. Rogers replaced entire cabling inside house and still cant figure it out.

Hello @Chickdun & @35465465465415,

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums to both of you! 😃

With 4K slowly becoming the new standard I can understand how frustrating it is to be facing these type of picture quality issues. I am certain you want to get the most out of those 4K TV's. We'll be more than happy to look into this for you to see what is going on and try to find a solution. 

We'd like to review the notes from the technicians and run some additional tests on our end before we determine what steps to take next. Please send a Private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started. If you are not familiar with our Private messaging system please CLICK HERE.

We look forward to hearing from you both!

RogersTony

I'm Here A Lot

The Tech that came by today said that it appears to be a transmission issue with sportsnet 4K on rogers cable channel 998. the RF statistics on that channel suggested that there are no corrected bytes or uncorrected blks.

power(dBmV)  0.6

SNR(dB)  43.2

frequency  489 Mhz

Chickdun

on Rogers

Randy Dunford 

Chickdun

I've Been Here Awhile

mine are all 4k channels.  Supervisor came again, replaced more cables, new HDMI and nothing fixed. Said he has to check from head office. whatever that means.  then said it's the tv - which is ridiculous for 2 reasons: 1) it's new and worked for several weeks till recently; 2) even a basic understanding of pixel issues will tell you it's the signal.

This is all pretty ridiculous.

I'm Here A Lot

I am seriously considering dropping the 4K signal.

If I cannot get a clean picture on 4K, I might as well save a few bucks and go back to 1080p which is what I have to do anyways to watch the Toronto Maple Leafs games.

Chickdun