Rogers 4642HD Stock Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers 4642HD Stock Issues

Hello

This message is for anyone that can explain the lack of stock anywhere for new 4642HD boxes.  I work for a local retailer and we have had a back order on units since April of this year. I know Best Buy, Rogers stocks, etc all don't have new units. Only have refurb units for rent to own. 

No one seems to know why this is happening. Is this possible a new box is coming out?

Any info is appricated.

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers 4642HD Stock Issues

Hi @AccordXTC

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums!

The 4642HD is our older NextBox model. We now offer NextBox 3.0 as it our latest verison of NextBox available.

@RogersPrasana

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersPrasana

The 8642 is the old NB2 PVR... which i 100% agree generally should be replaced with NB3 in most cases.

They are talking about the 4642 though.. the regular HD box.

MY hopes, is that there will be a NEWER regular HD box being released soon
(nb3 era equiv one)

BUT at least at this time, these are still necessary for the WHOLE HOME setups, etc.

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Great catch @Gdkitty I must have mixed up the boxes.

As this time we don't have any news on any new boxes coming up, but stay tuned!

@RogersPrasana

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AccordXTC

I don't think they will be releasing another one for a while. Why not just grab the 4K box which costs the same? It gives u the new remote, new software and everything. Most likely they aren't making new ones due to how many they have refurbished units they have so the company doesn't want to invest or make new ones which i understand seeing as that box has been out for little over 3 or so years if i am not mistaken.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix this is a stock issue, I don't need one for myself. I am more so asking fellow members here as "I work for a local retailer" that hasn't been able to get stock from supplier since April of this year, Best Buy, Rogers stores, etc all show no stock. 

Just odd that this is still an issue now in June. I'd ask our Rogers rep but the last person to show there face as the rep no longer works for Rogers.  As for 4K units, they cannot be bought only rented and only Rogers does renting of units.

As for the 4K box, we don't want to open that can of worms on issues and lack of channels lol.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AccordXTC

Best Buy does not carry Rogers TV products. They got pulled out a couple months ago. Our store stopped selling cable boxes from Rogers in August of last year. Thus why they don't show stock.

As for Rogers. Again it all depends. Most likely due to having so many refurbished units as i said, could be the reason behind it. Again no one knows but I don't think they are making new ones. Most likely only refurbished models.
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation