Removal of Leafs TV from VIP

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Removal of Leafs TV from VIP

I'm with you. I recently was offered a new cable package that helped to significantly reduce our bill, which was great, especially since I was assured we would be keeping all of our sports channels. And tonight I added another $11/month to our bill just to get Leafs TV back. I fail to see how this is an improvement. At least, for the customer. I'm sure it is helping to improve Rogers' bottom line. 

I've Been Around

ROGERS...SERIOUSLY??? $5.00 to watch your losing Leafs!!! That is laughable!!!!

I am though EXTREMELY Disappointed and you have given me another reason to go to BELL once my term is up!

I would re-think your decision...re-think it good...as more competition comes into the playing field (and it will!!!) you will lose more than a few customers...I feel you could lose it all...you greedy, nickel and dimer company!!!

A very unhappy customer, Mike.  

I've Been Around

Hi Mike,

I "was" a loyal Rogers subscriber for roughly the past 30 years. I subscribed to their VIP Ultimate package as well as their high speed internet, to the tune of $272 monthly. Last week when I tried to access Leafs TV I get the message "You are not authorized to view this channel". I got on the phone and was told they had removed this channel from all programming packages.

Brilliant marketing ploy, Rogers. New Leaf season starting, and everyone's eager to see the new on-ice product. Let's just remove the channel from everybody's existing package and then try to gouge them for another $5.00 a month to get it back. Initially I bit the bullet, dropped down to basic VIP and paid them the additional $5.00. The more I thought about it, the more . off I got, and eventually got on the phone with Bell.

My Bell Fibe service was installed yesterday. No installation charge, free PVR and a handful of other price reductions to sweeten the deal. Their hardware is vastly superior to anything rogers has to offer. The programming guide is really quite slick. Picture quality is improved, recording functionality is superior. I now have unlimited internet (no cap) and it's considerably faster than what rogers was providing.

The bottom line? Instead of getting another 5 bucks a month, Rogers has lost an account that was paying them $272 monthly. What do they get now? I'm about to go drop off all their crappy hardware and close out the account completely, so basically in terms of revenue received from me, they get a big fat ZERO dollars a month.

Last but not least, I subscribe to Bell's "best" programming package along with their Movie Network add-on, and when my other 6 month incentive discounts run out, I'm still saving roughly $70 a month.

The moral to the story? Rogers needs to understand the VIP doesn't stand for "Very Ignorant Person".

Mike, I would encourage to make the switch to Bell Fibe ASAP. Cheaper, vastly superior in all aspects, and they know how to treat their customers with a little respect.

A Very Disappointed Former Rogers Subscriber- James

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Theres like only 5 pre-season games on leaf tv, not worth it for me to add this channel, your better off going to a friends house who already has the channel, hmm... parky1055??
Bring some chips and beer and enjoy The game.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Pauly

While I agree with you that it would not be worth it for me to pay $5.00 a month to keep Leafs TV, far be it from me to judge what others may find to be a valuable service. I am not a die-hard Leaf fan. Heck, I am not even a Leaf fan at all! (Go Hawks - Smiley Wink)

There are those out there though who are die-hard fans and this station offers such programming as a 2-hour game day skate, pre-game coverage, post game coverage, replays of games, replays of Marlies games, retro games of the Leafs from the 50's up to current times, a daily news show, behind the scenes programs such as "Behind the Draft", and they have the odd other program in the theme of greatest Leafs, top 50 leafs goals of all time etc. Well maybe not for me, I can see how others might miss this. As well, nobody yet has explained how removing a station results in an improved entertainment experience. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I called into Rogers last week about the whole Leafs Tv channel removal and they gave it to me FREE for a year.  They told me that anyone who had it removed and still wants it can do the same.  So those who want it still might want to try this aswell.

I've Been Here Awhile

I did the same.  They added the channel and gave me an account credit for 12 months for the same amount.

I've Been Around

Jst found out that vip no longer carries leafs tv. Shocked at rogers actually. Only because leafs suck right now i would cancel rogers cable. Very $ hungry. Ted rogers would not have let this happen. Leafs nation suffers as result. 🆘
I've Been Around

Happened to drop in on this channel last night and discovered that it is no longer part of my package.  The biggest irritation to me at least is that the channel was dropped without a price break on the overall package.  Burying it within a  invoice is certainly not good business practice.

I was once with Bell and similar tactics led me to switch to Rogers.  If this keeps up, my business will be going elsewhere.

I suspect that Leafs TV would have been better off financially with the revenues from the packages which they were part of as opposed to the stand-a-lone monthly fee.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rogers giveth and Rogers taketh away - more take than give!