Removal of Leafs TV from VIP

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Removal of Leafs TV from VIP

Just discovered this announcement in our bill today:

IMPORTANT CHANGES TO YOUR VIP PACKAGE We would like to inform you that as of September 15, 2015, the VIP package you currently subscribe to will be changing. Leafs TV will no longer be included within your package. If you'd like to continue receiving Leafs TV, then please call us at 1-888-ROGERS1 to discuss your options. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. All other aspects of your Rogers service(s) will remain the same. If you wish to respond to this notice or have any questions, please contact us in any of the ways listed on page 2 of this bill. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Rogers.

Would it be possible to get an explanation of why Rogers has made this move? Where will customers now find Leafs TV? 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Removal of Leafs TV from VIP

Hello @JohhnyRockets

The channel packaging change was a Rogers’ decision.  We sometimes review and make changes to our products and services in order to offer the best entertainment experience possible.

Until Sept. 14th 2015 LeafsTV will still be included in the Customer Choice Packages "Pick 3, Pick 5, Pick 10 etc."

Afterwards LeafsTV can be obtained as a standalone channel for $5

RogersDarrell

@RogersDarrell

Well, this is indeed disappointing. I am not sure how removing a channel helps to provide the best entertainment experience possible. When you now have to pay extra for a channel previously included in your package, I am sure there are going to be a lot of upset customers at this one!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

Just discovered this announcement in our bill today:

IMPORTANT CHANGES TO YOUR VIP PACKAGE We would like to inform you that as of September 15, 2015, the VIP package you currently subscribe to will be changing. Leafs TV will no longer be included within your package. If you'd like to continue receiving Leafs TV, then please call us at 1-888-ROGERS1 to discuss your options. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. All other aspects of your Rogers service(s) will remain the same. If you wish to respond to this notice or have any questions, please contact us in any of the ways listed on page 2 of this bill. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Rogers.

Would it be possible to get an explanation of why Rogers has made this move? Where will customers now find Leafs TV? 

Where do you see that? On line, or a paper bill?

I was only getting my paper cable bills a couple of times a year, each time there was a price increase or something. Those announcements used to be at the bottom of the last page. I recently switched to paperless billing so I could see my bills monthly, but the latest one there is July 15 and I don't see that notice. It's not on page 2 with all the fine print.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Where do you see that? On line, or a paper bill?

Just viewed the PDF version of our bill on-line. Our most recent bill is dated July 31. I cut and pasted from that bill.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets okay, since my last bill was July 15, maybe I'll see it on the August 15 bill. (Not that I care about the Leafs, or any stick-and-ball sport for that matter. Smiley Indifferent )

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Perhaps this is the leading of stuff changing for pick and pay?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, be careful what you wish for. Packages are the most economical for the customer. If most customer could save money with Pick & Pay,Rogers would lose money.

The thing is, Leafs TV was already included in a package - both VIP and VIP Ultimate as well as the HD Specialty Pack. It has been removed from all 3 packages. 

Compounding the problem is that if you subscribe to NHL Centre Ice or GameCentre Live and think you can watch the game there, you will also be sorely disappointed. Local area games are usually blacked out to protect the local broadcaster. So unless you wish to pay extra, Leaf fans will be deprived of a number of games next year. 

I Plan to Stick Around

This is despicable behaviour from Rogers....shows lack of company values and corporate greed.

1. Hiding the notification in the bill knowing that most people don't read ther bill unless the charges change. Obviously trying to hide it from most customers to minimize backlash. They used to send out individual notices of changes.

2. You entice me as a customer to commit to you for a period of time yet and penalize me where you can...yet you screw customers over with impunity

3 You steal Leafs TV from my package and try to sell it back to me at a much higer cost after 15 Sept - do you think customers are that stupid - You have no morals

4. BTW...I do not accept the change

5. I will be handsomely compensated and will broadcast / encourage all others to do the same

6. Rogers need to be taught a lesson!