Remote not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Remote not working

it keeps malfunctioning and this is a new one

I just had to take one back to Rogers about a month ago for the same reason

I find the volume doesn't work at times and then suddenly it works fine

the batteries are new

could it be the batteries are no good?

today the volume is working fine first try but last night I had a difficult time

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is it only volume? Or is it channel chaning, etc as well? (slow to respond, etc).

Wondering if its the same IR interfearce as listed in earlier posts.

I've Been Around

does the remote have to be programmed for my specific TV. The Rogers technician who installed the service seemed to program all the remotes for each TV.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@PGD, which TV? Which box? Which remote? Yes, each TV model is different and a few can't be fully programmed. When I got my first PVR the tech programmed the remote for my TV and left. When I moved it to a different TV I followed the directions on the back of the remote. There are also directions and codes on the web at http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?mso_id=225

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Each remote, should works on ALL rogers boxes... you can move a rogers remote from box A to box B, and for the rogers box functions, it will work 100%.

But for TVs, each one uses different codes, etc... and have to be programed individually as per what Oldyellr said.

IF you moved the remote at that time.. would work for the rogers box inthe other room, but would have to re-program for that specific TV.
(unless you happen to have all the same TVs)

I'm a Senior Advisor

True. My PVR remotes work on my DTAs (but not the TVs).

I Plan to Stick Around

My general understanding of how the Rogers TV Remote functions is this - once you setup the TV , Rogers PVR and a DVD (if you use one), the Remote should power on the units  with the power button and also power them all off when you select power again.   In addition to this, you can selectively turn the remote to  control individual units by making the appropriate selection on the "white" buttons at the top.  

I have a very simple setup - a Sony TV, Rogers HD PVR and a Sony Bluray DVD.  My problem is that the Remote does not power on the Rogers PVR most of the time with the TV.   The TV comes on, but the PRV does not .  Infact 90 % of the time I have to power the PVR on separately.  I've tried a replacement remote and the problems remains.   I have tried to relocate the PVR so that I have a direct line of site, still no luck.  All the other function of the remote works perfectly.

Is the problem from the PVR or is my understanding of the remote function wrong ?

Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

I believe the default setting is when you push the power button, the remote sends a signal to the PVR and then the TV. If you push the power button and watch the top white buttons they should flash in that order. Having a number of devices connected to my TV this has never made sense to me. If I want to watch a DVD or play a game on the PS3, I don't want the PVR turned on. The other issue I've ran across with the default setting is the TV and PVR getting out of sync. You press the power button the TV starts up but the PVR box did not. You press the power button again and the TV shuts off and the PVR starts up. I've made house calls to friends because they thought their TV or Cable box would not turn on just to find them out of sync. So for me it make sense to clear the "Master Power" key and when I want my TV on I press the "TV" button and then the "Power" button. If I also wanted the PVR on I press the "PVR" button and then the "Power" button. I do the reverse to shut them down. I know it sounds like a lot of button pushing, but for me, it works. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@LF1949, when the remote is set up properly and the CBL button is pressed (or you see the CBL button flash when pressing any button) then pressing the PWR button turns the TV and cable box on. But you have to aim the remote and not jerk it away, or only one will turn on and they'll be out of sequence. If you have your DVD and Audio also set up on the remote, then if you press PWR after pressing either DVD or AUD, it will turn one of those devices on, but not simultaneous with the TV, like after the CBL button is pressed. I keep my remote in the side pocket of my recliner along with other remotes and often another of the device buttons gets pressed, so some other device gets turned on if I don't check.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your responses.  I read from one other post that the Master Power button needs to be programmed or setup.  I guess I misssed this step.  I am away from home this weekeend and will try that on Sunday night.  Should resolve the issue.

Thanks again.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats