Remote control swap

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Remote control swap

My remote control broke how can I get a new one with covid 19 going in?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Remote control swap

@Beth68  According to the Rogers COVID-19 Updates  page, select retail stores are still open during the shutdown to handle hardware replacements.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried the Rogers store in Hamilton and in Brantford both are closed is there no way a remote can be mailed or couriered to me?
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Back when I lost a remote, I found one on Amazon for about $30.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Beth68 wrote:
I tried the Rogers store in Hamilton and in Brantford both are closed is there no way a remote can be mailed or couriered to me?

Click on @CommunityHelps  and then click "SEND THIS USER A PRIVATE MESSAGE"  They should be able to assist you.  If Rogers can drop off equipment for self-installs, perhaps they can arrange for a replacement remote to be dropped off on your doorstep.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have lost my remote control. Anybody know how to replace it, and if there is a fee?

Also, if I cancel the service and don't have the remote then is there a fee when I return the rental box?

Highlighted

Good evening @TheFryGuy,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! I hope you're staying safe and that you and your loved ones are doing well. Sorry to hear you've misplaced the remote control for your rental box. 

Typically, the replacement fee is $25. If it's for Ignite TV, we’ll send you an Ignite TV Remote replacement by courier. You’ll receive it within 2 to 4 business days. Considering our current pandemic these timelines may be extended.

For a regular digital terminal, you may be able to obtain one from a third-party as indicated earlier in this thread. When you return a rental cable box, you're expected to send back the remote as well.

For more information, visit this page. You'll learn everything you need on how to return unused/disconnected Rogers rental equipment (and to avoid unreturned equipment fees!).

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Can I purchase another Ignite remote at a rogers store? Any idea on pricing?

Thnx

Bill

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:

Can I purchase another Ignite remote at a rogers store? Any idea on pricing?

According to: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/troubleshoot-ignite-remote

you can purchase a new remote from Rogers for $25 and they will replace a defective remote for free.

I also recall hearing that Rogers stores carry them as well.  (When the XR15 remotes came out, a user here wanted the XR11 instead.  The suggestion was to call around to local Rogers stores to see if any of them had the previous model in stock.)  Who knows.  Maybe your local store will even give you a new remote for free if you ask nicely.

Another option is to purchase an Xfinity-branded XR15 from Amazon.com