Remote Programming Code for Yamaha

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delta_Charlie
I've Been Here Awhile

Remote Programming Code for Yamaha

I am attempting to program the Rogers Remote (5 button) to work with a Yamaha Audio Receiver RX-V765. I have tried the recommended codes and they did not work. I tried ``blinking back`` the code. I found that code 0376 will turn the receiver on  but not turn it off. Also code 2467 will turn the receiver off but not on... both codes cause some of the remote keys to  operate various functions of the Audio Receiver. So it seems that neither of these codes work properly.

Any suggestion

- DC

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Remote Programming Code for Yamaha

http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?mso_id=225

It shows more codes for each device. Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
mousetamer

http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?mso_id=225

It shows more codes for each device. Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

Delta_Charlie
I've Been Here Awhile

I have previously been to that support page, located the correct remote, entered the receiver make and model. I entered the recommended code, it didn't work. It recommended more codes,  (about ten of them) and I tried them all. None worked. Then I found two code numbers that half worked. I found the codes by using the scanning method. Then found the the actual numbers by blinking back the codes. So... if nothing else it confirms that I have read the instructions and that I have the ability to apply the information.

Any other ideas??

- DC

mousetamer

It may simply be that the remote doesn't have the exact codes for that vintage. The fact that the codes either turn it on or off but not both means that the Yamaha is using disrceet codes for the IR. Manufacturers do that so the equipment can be easily integrated with custom homes. There is not a lot you can do short of going to a 3rd party remote. Just for kicks though, you may want to exchange the remote just in case URC has updated them in the last little bit. Just make sure you get the programming book as well in case it contains a new code not yet listed on that site.
dayzed007
I Plan to Stick Around

This thread is marked as solved, yet I fail to see a solution. I'm having the same problem with a new Yamaha reciever & I'm finding it hard to believe that after all these years. I thought I could add seperate on/off codes under unused device buttons, but alas the ON code above isn't being accepted by my remote.

Any suggestions?
RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @dayzed007,

Have you tried the CH+ method as stated in the set up section of the remote on the site? It is definitely possibly that the available codes won't work sometimes on your reciever. See the instructions in the link here. You can also see another user's experience who had a code issue here

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

dayzed007
I Plan to Stick Around

Hassam,

Thanks for your response.  I did infact try the CH+ method, but as you'll see in the thread; yamaha appears to use a different signal for ON vs OFF.  Therefore using the CH+ method I have managed to program my remote to turn the reciever OFF, however I have no way of programming the ON function.

My hope was simply to program the ON function into one of my empty device buttons (IOW - AUD=OFF, and DVD=ON), however since all the programming instuctions work only for the OFF programming I cannot figure out how to set the ON button (CH+ feature doesn't seem to work in reverse).  All I think I need is a code to turn the unit ON, but no one even admits that there is a problem here.

I've tried calling Rogers Support, who simply told me it was a Yamaha problem, and Yamaha tells me its a problem stemming from the manafuactur of the remote (Atlas).  Yamaha claims they have nothing to do with the remote codes and therefore can't advise (in fact they told me they are tired of Rogers consistently pointing customers their way!).  Also since the remote manufactures won't talk to the consumer and put all the responsibility on Rogers, I end up in a circle back here 😞

So what I need help with is one of the following;

1) Proper instruction to program the Rogers remote to turn a Yamaha RX-V679 ON and OFF

or

2) The actual seperate codes needed to turn the unit ON and OFF (and I'll figure it out from there)

Can you put me in touch with the remote manufacture to let me sort this out once and for all?

(FYI, the link you shared regarding another users issue is simply his personal version of the regular CH+ instructions, nothing special)

TheArcher
I Plan to Stick Around

@dayzed007

For some reason I never saw this thread before until you resurrected it, even though several years ago I had the same problem when I inherited my son's Yamaha RX-V757. Like you, I found that the code which worked (1276 in my case) only turned the receiver OFF but had no effect on turning it ON. I had given up and just used its own remote when I wanted to use it. On reading the initiating post on this thread I saw that the originator had found a different code which turned his receiver ON. So I tried to repeat that.

On reading the remote users guide, I saw that to control a 2nd Audio device using either VCR or DVD button, required first re-assigning one of those buttons to control an audio device. (Did you do this?)

I did this for my VCR button then started inputting codes and found that the same code , 0376 that the thread originator had found, also turned my receiver ON. 

So I can turn the receiver ON using the VCR and Power buttons and I can turn it OFF using the AUD and Power buttons. 

Since the Yamaha receiver has separate System Power (ON) and Standby(OFF) , they obviously use different codes.

Having different buttons for ON and OFF means that programming the Rogers remote for sequential device Power on and off using the  Master Power Key, will not work because the 2 actions for the receiver will cancel each other out.

dayzed007
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks theArcher.

What you achieved is exactly what I'm trying to do.  I tried the same again last night, but unfortunately the code 0376 doesn't seem to work for me.  The folks at UEI suggested I tried the code 0176, but again no luck.  So I've tossed it back to them to dig out more codes for me.

As a tip, you could successfully use a Master Power Key simply by sequencing them correctly.  Yes they will cancel each other out if they are in the wrong order, but if you program the receiver to turn OFF before it turns ON you should have no problem at the start, and when you want to turn the unit off simply point at your leg (couch) once it turns off and before it can turn on again 🙂  Alittle archaic, I know, but it's better than grabbing another remote.

TheArcher
I Plan to Stick Around

@dayzed007

Sorry it didn't work for you. You didn't confirm that you had done the re-assignment of the DVD (or VCR) button.