Remote Programming Code for Yamaha

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Remote Programming Code for Yamaha

Sorry, yes I did the reassignment.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

For anyone following this thread, I have managed to get two separate solutions;

1. The more complex short term solution came from Yamaha using HDMI
  2. The more complex long term solution came from UEI, the manufacture of the remote (no HDMI requirement)

(thanks to Rogers for not even trying)

Let me explain;

1. Yamaha taught me that when all devices are HDMI, many brands learn to play nice and use HDMI controls (new to me), meaning that when set up and you turn on/off one device, then the others turn on/off as well via the
HDMI cables and not the remote.  There are many more advanced functions that HDMI controls can preform as well, but in my case on/off is sufficient :-).  Since my TV is Panasonic with Vierra Link (their name for HDMI control), and the AVR is Yamaha (no proprietary name for HDMI control) I was in luck since they play nice together.  Simply a matter of enabling the controls in both settings and in my case restarting everything.

Panasonic plays well with the rogers remote, so I simply made sure my remote turns on both the cable box and the TV, then the TV in turn turns on the Yamaha.  Granted there is a slight delay for the last part to happen, but it sure beats digging out another remote each time.  The off function on the other hand is real quick since TV doesn't need to boot up first. (and/or BTW, I'm not sure if it's necessary since HDMI control also handles volume, but I left the AUD 1276 code programmed to help ensure that the volume lock stays on yamaha).

2. UEI, this works, but requires you to get used to pressing a different button to turn the system ON vs OFF.  In a nutshell you need to do advanced programming functions to input the on/off of the yamaha, and then assign separate Master Power buttons to ensure they don't override each other.  The instructions I was given is pasted in from UEI;

The code to turn your Yamaha on is Audio code 1276 with 00248 manually programmed. You need to program any key you are not using in Audio or VCR (where ever you have the 1276 programmed that you want on to come from). Then you need to program that key manually using the instructions below with 00248 but you cannot use the actual power key because of the limitation of the remote.This is a one time setup and does not need to be repeated every time you want to power the Yamaha on

Now, you can setup the master power macro key to turn the Yamaha on OR off, but not both on the same master power key. You can however, setup another key that you are not using to do a master power off for example. The master power macro can be set up on any key that supports macros using the same procedure found here http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=759 replacing step 3 with the desired macro key. Please keep in mind if you do this the keys programmed with macros will always send the macro no matter what mode you are in so the chosen key needs to be one that is not used at all in any mode. This is the best that can be done based on the limitations of the Atlas remote. 

I will give you an example using the AUD mode and the F1 and F2 keys (these key may be labeled differently on your remote and F1 is left of the On Demand key as you are looking at the remote and F2 is to the right of On Demand)

Program the AUD key with 1276

Press AUD (one blink)
Press and hold setup for 3 seconds until the AUD LED blinks twice
Press the digit 1-2-7-6 (one blink after the digits 1-2-7, two blinks after the 6)

Press the AUD key and manually program the F1 key with 00248 like instructed below making sure you get two blinks after pressing F1 the second time.

Press Audio, (one blink)

Press SETUP and hold it down again till the indicator light blinks twiceEnter code 994, (two blinks)
Press SETUP for one blink onlyEnter code 00248 (one blink after each digit press) Press F1 (two blinks)

Now make sure the Yamaha is off then test by aiming the remote at the Yamaha and pressing the AUD key then F1. Does the Yamaha power on? If not, there is nothing more I can do to assist you further. If it does power on continue with my example. 

Now we are going to program the Master Power key to turn all devices on including the Yamaha. This will only turn the Yamaha on, not off.

Press and hold setup for 3 seconds until the LED blinks twice
Press 9-9-5 (two blinks)
Press Master Power key once (one blink)
Press CBL-POWER-TV-POWER-AUD-F1-DVD-POWER-VCR-POWER-CBL 

Now if you want to create a power off macro that will power off all devices including the Yamaha we will use the F2 key in this example and assume the AUD POWER key turns the Yamaha off already.

Press 9-9-5 (two blinks)
Press the F2 key once (one blink)
Press CBL-POWER-TV-POWER-AUD-POWER-DVD-POWER-VCR-POWER-CBL 
Now pressing F2 in any mode should power all the devices off if  they are all on. 

The devices you want included or the order of those devices powering can be changed in the sequence. Let's say you don't want the VCR to power at all and you want the TV to turn on first. Here is the sequence you would use TV-POWER-CBL-POWER-AUD-POWER-DVD-POWER-CBL

I hope this helps someone down the road from hitting the same road block I did.

As an FYI, I will add one more post with information I was given  from UEI which includes more advanced codes for anyone with the inclination to make their rogers remote program advanced functions for their yamaha AVR.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As promised, advanced functions for yamaha AVR

Synthesizer codes for ID R1276. You must add 2 "0" in front of the 3 digit code

635 * 642 Matrix 6.1 382 Pro Logic II  
642 6.1/5.1 305 MD/CDR 577 ProLogic Enhanced  
375 A/B/C/D/E 323 Mono Movie 318 Rock  
577 Church 320 Mono Movie 323 Rock Concert  
498 Diagnostic Mode 318 Mono Movie 575 Rock Concert  
320 Disco 575 Movie Theater 618 Sleep  
317 Dolby Digital 578 Movie Theater 1 358 Stereo Effect  
641 Dolby/DTS 318 Movie Theater 1 248 System Power  
382 Dolby/DTS Select 578 Movie Theater 2 305 Tape  
381 Dolby/DTS Surrnd 381 Movie Theater 2 245 Tape/MD  
381 Dolby/DTS Surround 572 Music Video 704 Test  
233 DSP Effect Down 384 Night 702 Time  
485 DSP Effect Up 372 Phono 630 Tuner  
642 DTS ES 248 Power On 375 Tuner Page Toggle  
635 DVR 720 Preset 1 320 TV Sports  
358 Effect On/Off 718 Preset 2 572 TV Sports  
323 Entertainment 466 Preset 3 320 TV Theater  
572 Entertainment 333 Preset 4 360 V-Aux  
642 EX/ES 593 Preset 5 314 VCR  
578 Hall 591 Preset 6 314 VCR 1  
317 Hall 339 Preset 7 635 VCR 2  
577 Jazz Club 588 Preset 8  
575 Jazz Club 317 Pro Logic  
702 Level 382 Pro Logic I/II  

Key chart for ID R1276 

450 K18 0 [6 Ch Input][6 Channel Input][External Decoder] 
450 K09 [6 Ch Input][6 Channel Input][External Decoder] 
429 K10 2 [Cable/SAT] 
632 K11 3 [CD] 
505 K12 4 [CDR] 
612 K13 5 [DBS][DTV/Cable][DTV/LD][TV] 
612 K14 6 [DBS][DTV/Cable][DTV/LD][TV] 
612 K15 7 [DBS][DTV/Cable][DTV/LD][TV] 
689 K16 8 [DVD][LD] 
378 K17 9 [DVD/LD] 
503 K21 Volume Up [Volume Up] 
251 K22 Volume Dn [Volume Down] 
500 K23 Mute [Mute] 
629 K19 Channel Up [Preset Up][Tuner Page Up] 
377 K20 Channel Dn [Preset Down][Tuner Page Down] 
246 K01 Power [Power Off][Standby] 
252 K26 Menu [Set Menu] 
687 K28 Info [Display] 
509 K30 Up [Menu Up][Up] 
257 K31 Down [Down][Menu Down] 
363 K32 Left [Left][Level Down][Menu Left][Parameter Down] 
615 K33 Right [Level Up][Menu Right][Parameter Up][Right]
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone know how to do this advanced programming/key remapping on the new URC2125B RF remotes. I am unable to use these same instructions. Looks like they have changed things for the new remote.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Remote Programming Code for Yamaha for VOLUME only

If the issue is to get your Yamaha receiver VOLUME working through the Rogers remote, this will make your day:

1. Press and hold SETUP until the mode key blinks twice.
2. Press the VOLUME UP key.
3. Press the mode key for the device you wish to use for volume control. (This would be the Audio key.). The key will blink twice to confirm.

Try the volume control on the Rogers remote, and you will see that it is your Yamaha Receiver's volume control!

To make a long story short, I tried 18 websites and 22 codes to make the Rogers remote work a Yamaha receiver, and everything failed.  After hours of aggravation, I finally found the 3 simple steps above.  It worked instantly!  This is for Volume control only.  In my travels, I did not come across anything that would turn the receiver both off AND on, and of course the volume control still wouldn't work.

Just a note about turning electronics on and off, doing this burns the bulbs out a lot faster, same as the regular old-fashioned light bulbs.  Because the cost of labour is ridiculously expensive to replace a couple of cheap bulbs, I leave my receiver on all the time so the bulbs will last as long as possible.  

My Rogers remote is now programmed to turn my TV and/or TV-and-box on and off, and to work the Yamaha receiver's volume control.  At last!  Whew!

Note, my Yamaha Receiver Model No. is RX-V379.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

UPDATE, Dec 19 2019: Remote Programming Code for Yamaha Receiver

If the issue is to get your Yamaha receiver VOLUME working through the Rogers remote, this will make your day:

1. Press and hold SETUP until the mode key blinks twice.
2. Press the VOLUME UP key.
3. Press the mode key for the device you wish to use for volume control. (This would be the Audio key.). The key will blink twice to confirm.
Try the volume control on the Rogers remote, and you will see that it is your Yamaha Receiver's volume control!

If that fails,
1. Press Audio
2. Press and hold setup button until it blinks twice
3. Enter 2467
4. Press Audio
5. Test Volume.  It should work.

To make a long story short, I tried 18 websites and 22 codes to make the Rogers remote work a Yamaha receiver, and everything failed. After hours of aggravation, I finally found the 3 simple steps above, and eventually the code that works.

My Rogers remote is now programmed to turn my TV and/or TV-and-box on and off, and to work the Yamaha receiver's volume control. The remote also has to be programmed to your make of TV which codes should be on the insert in the remote package.  After that, the "cable" button should be pressed to work all of these. At last! Whew! Note, my Yamaha Receiver Model No. is RX-V379.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I remember now!  It is NOT a code for the receiver.  When I got my new TV, I hired a guy from the TV/stereo shop to deliver it and hook it up.  When I turned off my TV, the stereo receiver went off with it, which I didn't want.  I called the guy who directed me to a certain setting in my TV, and directed me to change that setting.  When I did, the receiver stayed on, which is what I wanted.  My point is that it is NOT a code for the receiver, it is a setting within the TV, guaranteed 100%.  The stores are closed during this pandemic so I can't get hold of the guy, but I believe you have to go into the External Device Manager settings, and put a check in the "Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)" box.  If that's not right, I guarantee that a TV setting is the way you have to go, 1000%.  I sure wish I could get hold of the guy to confirm it.  Please let me know if this works for you.  (P.S. Further down, I have a post regarding getting the volume on the receiver to work.)