Release Dates Missing on Channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Release Dates Missing on Channels

@shas500 wrote:
Bell Fibe was just installed in my neighbourhood, so I am looking into getting that. I don't like wireless in my home, and prefer a wired connection.

Bell's FTTH Internet service is great but Fibe TV is currently running on equipment that has reached end-of-life and was supposed to have been replaced years ago, and their next-generation of hardware and IPTV middleware is still in testing.

If you want a TV service that is transmitted over coax, your only other option is Satellite.

Digital Cable has no future.  Rogers will keep the service running to the best of their ability but its days are numbered, and it does not make business sense for Rogers to spend any more money keeping the service alive than it absolutely needs to.

The problem with Ignite is that there is a growing number of consumers that are questioning the safety of 5G. Customers should have the option for either wireless or wired.

Unfortunately, there is way too much misinformation out there, being peddled and spread by conspiracy theorists and alt-right "news" outlets to anybody who will listen... and the craziest of the misinformed are burning down cell towers in Canada and across the world for no (valid) reason.

5G cellular and 5GHz Wi-Fi are also two TOTALLY different technologies.

Pretty much everything runs on 2.4 and 5GHz wireless these days.  The most dangerous thing in your house (operating on the 2.4 GHz band) is probably your microwave oven.

Keep in mind that you can run Ignite TV over a wired Ethernet connection.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@paullj wrote:

And how is Ignite better than Fibe? as Bell offers a few more channels, less same channels repeated, (for equivalent tv package) and they offer multicultural programming that Rogers will not even consider broadcasting (asked)

I switched from Fibe TV to Ignite.  There are things that I like and dislike about both services.  However, I have absolutely no regrets about making the switch to Ignite TV.  Rogers' network is better (Bell only offers VDSL in my area) and the software on the Ignite set-top boxes is MUCH less buggy.  You really can't appreciate the differences between Ignite TV and Fibe TV until you have actually used both.

At some point in the near future, Bell's Fibe TV service will migrate to a different platform and will have more in common with Ignite TV, including a cloud PVR service.  It will be based on MediaKind's MediaFirst TV platform and will use a set-top box that runs Android TV.  (Start's TV service and Cogeco's EPICO service are also based on that platform.)

As for the programming packages that are available, each TV provider is different and targets a different demographic.  You need to pick what works best for you.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also used to be a Rogers Digital TV customer.  That was a horrible experience.  I MUCH prefer Ignite TV.

Thetallguy
I've Been Here Awhile

This is all very interesting but c'mon Rogers! Any update on getting release dates back into the guide??
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Thetallguy wrote:
This is all very interesting but c'mon Rogers! Any update on getting release dates back into the guide??

I honestly have no idea but folks have been venting their frustrations with more serious Guide-related issues in this thread for more than a year now.

shas500
I Plan to Stick Around

I hear you, but I generally don't like radiation, and try to avoid it as much as possible. I actually don't have a microwave for that reason. 😄 I personally know a few people who think like me. There are too many "waves" in the air; it can't be good for us.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@shas500 wrote:

I hear you, but I generally don't like radiation, and try to avoid it as much as possible. I actually don't have a microwave for that reason. 😄 I personally know a few people who think like me. There are too many "waves" in the air; it can't be good for us.

I hear you as well.  Radiation may not be good for us but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is always harmful either.  With Wi-Fi, we're talking about non-ionizing radiation at miniscule power levels.  You could put a small amount of water right next to a Wi-Fi antenna and when you die of old age it will still be at room temperature.  Take a step away, do the math, and at that distance your personal exposure will have gone from negligible to practically non-existent.  You have far bigger things to worry about.

TimMcCree
I Plan to Stick Around

Folks, we seem to be drifting WAY off topic here.   Let's get this thread back on track.

Why is it that, despite all the tech people Rogers has on staff, they can't seem to fix a simple glitch.  I mean it's been three weeks now.

Rogers, fix this problem.  I don't want any more excuses.  Get it done!

shas500
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, why is it taking so long?

Many people are relying on the Internet to "watch tv" and are cancelling their cable subscriptions. NOW IS NOT THE TIME to mess around with your customers. FIX THIS PROBLEM. 

wedg
I've Been Around

Yes same thing. Emailed the main customer service issue email who replied to go to Share a Concern. The Share a Concern person was nice but said they personally never looked at the guide and were personally on Ignite and even then couldn't tell me if Ignite had the "year". They also said to call the technical line. But we know it's not a technical glitch, its a service change . They even announced the June 2021 service change so technical support can"t help. This happened years ago during a provider change and they dropped the year and who was starring. So many people complained that they had it added back within weeks, even days if I recall. They had 1200-1500 calls a day (approx) as per old stories I saw. Today, less people watch TV and others are on Ignite ( to which I still don't know if that displays the year!). It's a cheaper service that they must have switched to again, for digital. I also noticed many wrong descriptions, and in different languages. During Wimbledon and a German was playing, the description was in German. An episode on HBO of the "100 foot wave", which is a show about big waves off the coast of Portugal was all written in Portuguese!!!. Something major changed in June with the provider and it is second rate again, even worse than the last switch. They probably don't care about digital subscribers anymore. Unless they all move to Bell, and take their Cell and Home Phone and Internet service with them. Short- sighted by Roger's as we have the other services as well.