Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Same happening with me - it is particularly happening on Sportsnet World (for which I am paying close to $20). Set it to record two soccer games from Singapore early this morning. When I got up the record light was on but when i went to watch neither recording was there. Rebooted but nothing. This is about the 12th time this has happened with SNW over the past few months. Very frustrating!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wonder if your installation is missing the MoCA filter, which keeps your Cable Box data within the home, and prevents anyone outside your home from deleting items that you have recorded.  Sounds like you might need a tech visit, unless you know with 100% certainty that you have one already installed.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know if the filter is there. We only have the one Netbox 3 (as well as intrrnet and Rogers home phone). We are in a high rise,apartment building so there are certainly lots of other Rogers installations.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The MoCA filters are only used in Whole Home installations that allow you to watch recordings on one PVR from another PVR. It's to isolate your in-house network from neighbours. The installation of Whole Home is done bey a Rogers tech and it's inconceivable he would fail to install the filter, but you never know.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yep, thats what I was thinking.  It should be there, but ......

I Plan to Stick Around

With only the 1 NB3, malcolmd wouldn't need a moca filter.

It has to be a software/firmware issue since it's occuring to others as well. Probably has to do with something with the channel since it only occurs on that one.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If I recall, this has happened before on sportsnet.

It something to do with the feed. Say if the block is 2hrs long. The feed only broadcasts for 1:50... And there is 10 mins dead air.
The boxes seem to see this as an issue and then I think think the recording is bad and remove it or something.
A few have reported it on other channels.

I Plan to Stick Around

Does Sportsnet actually have dead air? This has occasionally happened on other channels, btw, but it's more prevalent on SNW - I even wondered if there was a digital switch in the feed to prevent recording.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

It hasn't happened to me in a long while but
I have had it happen a couple of times when recording during the 12-3 am time period and an update occurred. The recording disappeared but the recording light stayed on. The only way I could get the light to turn off was to do a reboot,
I've Been Around

So we have a large list of past recordings.

Past recordings that previously worked no longer work.

Current recordings from last night that we rewinded and watched no longer work.

Recordings that we were half way through from yesterday no longer work.

Recordings that are unwatched no longer work.

Every single show on our list has the same error. Not enough resources (which can't be right because most of them used to work), or might have been deleted.

What can I try?