Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

@websurferdude wrote:

It is a pain for sure - next time it happens, as i said, i'll remove the extender and see if that was the problem.  Then, if that doesn't work, it will be a factory reset.  Then a replacement of the box...

You do know that if you remove the extender you'll lose all your recordings.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow...

So I got an automated call today from Rogers saying I needed to call them back to resolve/finalize the issue with recordings not saving on my Nextbox. (Because I haven't spent enough time on the phone with Rogers....)

After finally getting through, the guy made it sound like everything I was told yesterday wasn't true. There is no patch, nothing is being sent to my box individually, there is no nothing.

He did confirm that the issue sounded legit and escalated the issue to the support and engineering team so the tought is that they will be looking to address it. But there is no timetable on it.

No idea how there can be such disparate information between the two calls. Apparently nothing was written in my case file about yesterday's call. But it's telecom: They live in their own bizarro world of raging inconsistency.

On the upside, I asked for and got a credit for my nextbox monthly rental.

Hi @trentbaur 

I'd like to attempt to replicate the issue you're having, as I've not personally heard of this one before.

I'll try to record a few games tonight and will get back with results when I have them.

I Plan to Stick Around

that happened to me too

certain shows I had taped didn't

I'm a Senior Advisor

One suggestion I could offer would be to extend the recording to see what records.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yes removing the Extender will lose his recordings, but so will the Factory Reset that he said he was going to try first.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

From some posts on digitalhome.ca the speculation is the problem on the pay/subscription channels is that after the program/game finishes the broadcast signal just stops (Rogers doesn't put up a channel logo or anything, just stops any transmission) and the NextBox sees a loss of signal and stops recording.deletes the program. I had a similar thing going on previously  when occasionally I would lose the signal on Channels 581 or 582 during a recording, and notice it appears the program didn't record.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, these are extra cost pay channels, so I can see the logic.

I Plan to Stick Around

The theory that the signal cuts out and causes the program to not be saved doesn't sound right. If anything, I have noticed this year that the game signal continues well into the post-game broadcast. That rarely happened last year. So the recording should stop in the middle of that. (Or for a game that ends at a normal time, prior to the post-game show.)

And I generally see the channel logo / radio broadcast that they have displayed for years when there is no game showing. Maybe it's different on the basketball stations but everything seems normal on the hockey stations.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Recordings dissapeare​d Nextbox 3.0

this is starting to happen

I tape certain shows

the next mornnig they are not there

last night I was taping a movie on TCM

I looked to see if it was taping and it was

today I wanted to watch and it is not there