Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

I recorded 4 programs yerserday and I saw they were recording and the red light was on indicating such. But when I went to watch the programs later, they were gone as if they never recorded. Today, I had 8 programs recording I checked to see the red light was on and turned on the box to most of the channels, they all had the REC logo on the info bar at the bottom of the screen. I turned it off and the red light was still on indicating recording. When they had finished and I went to go watch my programs, 7 of the 8 programs were not on my list, they just dissapeared. Is this a hardware issue, do I need to replace the box?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Sometimes there is a display issue on the box, that may be all it is.

have you rebooted it yet?

I'm Here A Lot

Yes, rebooted it but the programs are not their, the green space bar at the bottom indicates nothing addeed to the drive. Originally it started a day before when I tried to end 2 recordings early, andthe box appeared that asked me usually to either stop and save recording or no dont stop, but there was three oprions now, yes to stop and save, stop and delete or no dont stop. And when I selected stop and save, still deleted the program. Had this box for well over a year and never had issues with it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So it sounds like you got the new update (the latest firmware added that feature).

But it shouldnt have caused stuff to not record/delete 😞

Since its empty.. i would try a factory reset on it.. 
Settings, troubleshooting, then the factory reset option is there

Beyond that.. something with the update may have screwed something up.
If its a rental, i would go swap it.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

We had a similar problem when all of our recordings for Monday disappeared. Just Monday's.

I'm Here A Lot

I did the facroy reset and same thing happened. So on Sunday I tried an experiment. I have 2 PVRs a thome one never tried lately to record and the one I use all the time having the issues.

So I decided to use both tho record the exact same things, 7 programs total different channels from different times between1 pm to 730 pm at night. Both PVRs missed the exact same 4 recordings with the exception of 1 that recorded on the rarley used one even though it said when the program was on that it was recording the programs. I thought it was my PVR but it looks like its a problem not at our homes end. All cables leading to the home and in the home are brand new last 6 to 12 months. I think their is an issue with the update or storage servers at Rogers in regards to this update. I never had an issue like this it has happened changes in programing you miss chanles or very rarely miss a show, has happened but ot enough to freak out about, but since Thursday a total of 25 to 28 recorded programs I only had on the box 7 or 8 that were on the memory on 2 PVRs. Think their is a problem here.

Both PVR's are rentals, but, looks like this update is having a negative effect or something else is happening. Can someone their look into this? And teh region I am in is Downtown Toronto.

I'm Here A Lot

Happened again tonight, programed only one recording, saw it was recording during the sporting event when it was on, check later to watch it, and its missing. Going tommorow to replace the box, although I am 99% sure its not the box, and see what happens tommorow night. If thisoccurs with a new box how do we go about fising the issue?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What time is the recording going on?

I'm Here A Lot

The recordings are happening at different times. It is sporting events from channels 430 to 471 that its happening on. I exchanged the rental PVR for a new PVR rental at 6:00pm and hooked it up. Tonight same thing happened again. 2 programs one on 471 and the other on 454, both at 7:00pm,  and they were recording, I checked and saw that they were and it was on my recordings program list, but as soon as they finished and I went to watch they wree missing again. Is their some corelation between the firmware update and programs on the Super Sports Pack not being able to be recorded? Is Rogers not alowing people to use PVR for those channels? I work 2 jobs and got the PVR and Sports pack so I can watch sporting events when I cant watch live. Its kind of frustrating and if their is no solution, I dont use the cable for anything else, might just have to cancel if it cant be fixed.

I've Been Around

My Recordings record on my Nextbox, but do not save or appear in the Recordings List.  This only occurs in the Super Sports Pack.

I returned and replaced my box, but the new one does the same.

Any help would be appreciated.