Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

So glad that a moderator moved my issue to this page so that I know how widespread this issue is, and how long it's been around (since at least January 2015). How about you solve it, Rogers? 

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, it is an issue Rogers has known about for many months. They're still happy to charge for something they aren't delivering. I wonder if a complaint could be made to CRTC.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pbrownpbrown wrote:

PVR deletes Super Sports Pack programming

My NextBox PVR does not save any Super Sports Pack programming. When I program the PVR to record a game on a Super Sports Pack channel (ch. 430 to 470), the PVR does record it during the game and allow normal playback but at the end of the game, the PVR deletes the recording. So if I am away from home and returning later to watch the game, it has mysteriously disappeared. 

Based upon search these forums, this is a longstanding and recurring problem that Rogers does not appear to be interested in solving. Hmmm... Bell also offers NFL Sunday Ticket. 

This is an issue, kind of seperate from the other ones discuessed recently.

What this is.. happens ocassionaly on other channels as well..  has to do with the FEED. 
Say the recording is set to do 2pm to 4pm.  It should record whatever is on that feed durring that time.

What happens is the SOURCE (whoever provides/owns the channel), when its over, instead of filler, cuts the feed.
This dead air, etc.. is considered a like NO SIGNAL.... and the box seems to view this as BAD.. like something is corrupt, and deletes the recording 😞

Overall, this IS still an issue that rogers needs to fix. 
They need to re-do the code so it is able to handle/deal with this feed drop.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Lets cover / break down to see if there are two seperate issues here.

1)  When switching over to the new Navigatr firmare... anyone on a 8642 had their recordings wiped on the time of the upgrade.

2) Has this happened again SINCE the upgrade?  All recordings wiped?
Generally i have not seen many reports on here of them being wiped afterwards.  There has always been on ANY of the software, where there has been the ocassional wipe randomly, etc.

Just to seperate, to see if there is a different ongoing issue they need to look at as well.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, they do need to solve it. Because I pay $40/month for Super Sports Pack plus another $25/month for a PVR. Is it too much to ask that I can PVR a football game? And this is a long-standing bug. At least a year. 

I've Been Around

Recordings not saved from SportsPack NFL games...  (even after verifying they are scheduled *and* actually start recording *but* somehow deleted in the end 😞 )

This happened to me on three different occasions in last few weeks. Inspite of paying for SportsPack and PVR services, and very excited to come to the TV and ready to watch your FAVORITE team play - only to find no recording!!! Starts my blood boiling and translates into extreme dissapointment.  Now it is worse in my head given i found out from this forum how long this has been known and how Rogers can get away with it.

I have been a 25+ year loyal customer but lately their service has been awful.

Above mentined problem + ROD freezes and reboots + intermittent internet issues + not to mention the stone aged interface for everything!

I've Been Here Awhile

This happened to me three times this *weekend*. College game on Saturday night and two NFL games yesterday. Considering that most of my team's games (Broncos) are on channels I already get, I'm basically paying $160 for about four games per season. That's not a sustainable cost given the poor service. Now that Rogers no longer has a monopoly on Sunday Ticket, I will begin to evaluate alternative providers for next season. 

I've Been Around

The sports package issue was flipping the channel back to analog the second the game was over, erasing the taping.

It appears now that the channel is holding to the digital feed, after the broadcast ends and allowing for me to tape an hour past the game, hopefully ending the problem.

This would be so nice...
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can anyone at rogers or any users confirm that this issue has been fixed?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The specific issue of, if the FEED is cut off before the scheduled time to end the recording, still exists.