Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

ALL PVR recordings deleted by Rogers 

Over the last few days, somehow ALL of my recordings, spanning a few years, have been deleted by Rogers.  Anyone else have this issue?

I Plan to Stick Around

Whoa, that happened to me too but I thought it was just a one-off. Any idea how widespread it was?

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @trentbaur and @tomlim,

This is not a widespread issue that we are aware of. Speaking through personal experience, any hard drive can eventually give up on you at some point and do not last forever unfortunately. I can understand the frustration of having recordings from a few years being erased but this could also point towards the hard drive in your digital box starting to give up. For that, we normally recommend a swap. Before swapping it out, one thing you can try if you're recordings have already erased a factory restore and testing it out for a few weeks to see if your recordings are still dissapearing. A factory restore does erase any recordings or settings you may have. 

@Gdkitty @OLDYELLR, any thoughts? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hate to call you out RogersHassam but this IS a widespread issue and Rogers reps and management is aware of it and their ETA for a fix is not until January when the next software release is. I can gladly post the case number I have as well as my notes from the Office of the President if you'd like. The last update Rogers rolled out to the PVRs caused the issue which then forced you to halt upgrading them.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm so glad I bought the new AppleTV. And it makes NextBox look like a joke. We're coming around to cutting the cord and screw ups like this just push us closer to that end result.

Rogers has so little pride of execution, everything is done partially. My guess is that Rogers has an employee base that doesn't care one bit about the company so they give half an effort. When it comes to technology development, that's not going to cut it but I can't blame them.

Even this forum, the Quick Reply won't let you highlight the text or show where the cursor is. Amateur hour.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @luvsql,

@tomlim stated all his recordings got deleted. Do you have a case number for this particular issue where "All recordings are getting deleted" specifically? From my understanding it wasn't some recordings dissapearing, rather all got deleted. I do see a ticket for recordings related to SSP. Perhaps I can look up the ticket number you have in case I have missed something. If it is a personal ticket number, please PM it to @CommunityHelps

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

Search your own FB posts and this forum to see all the customers that had all their recordings erased. It's not hard to find. The fact that 2 people within the last 30 minutes said it happened to them should be enough for Rogers to acknowledge the issue.
I Plan to Stick Around

Not just "2 people had the same problem." That easily can be due to chance. This is 2 people on this admittedly small forum topic that had the same problem.

I'm so used to poor service from Rogers, I didn't even try to track down other people with the same problem. I just assumed it to be true.

Then luvsql replied to this forum that I still get email alerts on. (btw, I love sql too!)

I Plan to Stick Around

Finally someone understands luvsql lol. Most think it's short for squirrel. Why would I love squirrels? I mean they're cute and all...Microsoft appreciates it.
I've Been Here Awhile

PVR deletes Super Sports Pack programming

My NextBox PVR does not save any Super Sports Pack programming. When I program the PVR to record a game on a Super Sports Pack channel (ch. 430 to 470), the PVR does record it during the game and allow normal playback but at the end of the game, the PVR deletes the recording. So if I am away from home and returning later to watch the game, it has mysteriously disappeared. 

Based upon search these forums, this is a longstanding and recurring problem that Rogers does not appear to be interested in solving. Hmmm... Bell also offers NFL Sunday Ticket.