Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

@RogersAliciaG

I have only had issues recording those channels.

I record other channels, such as CTV, City, etc, without issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like Rogers fixed "something": I have been able to successfully record games on NHL Center Ice.

Odd to hear that other people are having difficulties with their sports-specific channels.

Granted, NHL Centre Ice is on its trial two week period. Maybe it will change once that ends? (And presumably everyone has subscribed to the service...)

Will probably cross my fingers and sign up.

I Plan to Stick Around

Why do my scheduled recordings keep disappearing?

Nextbox 3 - have not been updated to the new Navigatr - at least once a week, sometimes twice, when I check the list of scheduled recordings, the list is empty - "there are no recordings scheduled"

It's gotten so that now I keep a written list of the series' that I've scheduled so I can re-schedule them as necessary - which is too often for my liking!  I was with Starchoice for over 15 years and this never ever happened, not even once.  It kind of defeats the purpose of scheduling recordings if I have to reschecule them so often

I tried rebooting the box with the hope that the scheduled list would reappear, but it's still empty - any idea why this is happening and how it can be fixed?

I Plan to Stick Around

sorry, I see my post was moved - I thought about posting in this thread, but this one is discussing recordings that disappeared, and that's not what happened - the recordings are fine *knock wood* - but I have many series set to record, and that scheduled list keeps disappearing and I have to re-schedule the series'.  Which is getting annoying.

so to reiterate - Nextbox 3 - not updated to Navigatr - have tried rebooting to no avail.

I've Been Around

My Nextbox3 has been very reliable until a few days ago when it start to pop up the "insufficient resource" pop-up every time we wanted to play a recorded program. A reboot took care of that. Last night, while trying to delete a program, it rebooted on its own and, when it came back up, pressing the green button on the remote gave this message: "there is no recorded programs". As well the list of programs to be recorded was lost too... Not a good this. The screen still show that 57% of the disk space is used. Hard reboot (via unplugging) did not solve this. Is there anything else I should try before returning the box or are my programs gone forever? Note sure if it matters but while rebooting, the box spends a lot to time at step -02- I am on a rent to own program so I think I can get the box exchanged; correct? Thanks P.S. This is a stand alone box, not part on a whole home PVR.

I've Been Around

The same thing has happened to me with my Netbox 3.0. Starting 2 days ago, whenever I try to watch a recorded program, I get a message about 'insufficient resource'. When I reboot I can access my recorded programs for a while, then access is again denied until I reboot. I have a lots of recordings stored, and if I can't get it working again, I won't be changing PVRs, I'll be changing my providers. Any help to get it working again?

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm still having the issue and it affects many different channels.  I also get the "undefined" recordings which are blank and show a very old date.  I am not even on the new navigator (still the same guide I've had for years) so it can't be that that's causing the issue.  I'm finding I'm watching more Netflix than cable and using the OnDemand since my recordings go missing but then you're screwed when the shows you record are not available On Demand. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I spoke with a lady in the management team and she said she also has the issue. Her recordings won't save and she gets the undefined.  Their only "solutions" is to reboot every week, reschedule your recordings (I have so many I'd have to write them all down), or do a factory reset (which will delete all the saved recordings as well as the scheduled ones and she did say that might not even fix the issue).  They said they are looking at a software update in the future but don't know when it'll be fixed. 

I inquired as to why I'm paying full price per month knowing that this issue exists and she said that my cable services are fine.  Then she said that it was a hardware problem, then a software problem and when I pushed the issue that the software is Rogers, she asked me where I was going with this.  I then inquired why I'm paying all this $$ to Rogers every month for a service that is not functioning and she said that I'm getting discounts already so I'm not paying full price.  She threw the fact that I have multiple services and getting discounts at me for not paying full price.  Unbelievable.  Am now on hold with the Office of the President but am not expecting anything except an agument from them.

I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting. Same thing happened to our Nextbox 3.0. It also started 2 days ago when my daughter tried to watch a recorded show. Rebooting fixed it for a while. Happened again yesterday. Wanted to rewind a show we were watching and recording but all the controls were frozen for rewind, pause. etc. Rebooted to fix it. Never had issues with the box until now. 

I've Been Around

It's nice to see somebody's issue has been resolved. I'm not one to complain a whole lot (as is evident by the amount of posts I have) but I, too, am having issues recording sports, specifically on NHL Centre Ice and NFL Sunday Ticket. If I begin watching the recording prior to its scheduled end time, I am able to watch the game in its entirety. However, if I try to access the game after it has ended, it does not appear in my recording list. 

Like I said, I'm not really a complainer but I find this issue infuriating, not because I can't watch a game (there are a ton of ways to find the game you want to watch) but because I'm paying full price for 2 services (PVR, Super Sports Pk) while Rogers is only partially delivering. Furthermore, coming to this forum and learning that this issue has been reported for nearly 1 year with no real resolution speaks volumes about Rogers' willingness or ability to fix the issue. The cost-benefit analysis must not be very favourable for this fix.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats