Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Last night a scheduled program from one particular channel (125)  did not record - not the fist time it has happend - so tonight I watched the preceding program for a while. Just before it ended there was a signal loss lasting for a minute or so. So that channel, for me, is prone to drop out. Signal did come back and recording was OK.

Also, two soccer games I tried to record today on the Sportsnet World extra channels appeared to record (red light was on) but were then deleted. Those channels often lose the signal just before a scheduled program starts as Rogers switches the feed. I've witnessed that happening.

So I am convinced that signal loss, whether intended or unintended, is causing the recordings to be deleted. Whether this is a hardware or software problem, and whether or not it affects all NB3s or just some, I don't know. But those of us who are affected are paying for a service we are not getting.

I Plan to Stick Around

UPDATE: Rogers sent a technician who said he thought it was a hard drive problem and exchanged the PVR. Signal strength was fine. We'll see what happens but I'm not optimistic as others earlier in this thread have said that changing the box made no difference. Also I think - but can't be sure - that it has already dropped a recording. Can't be sure because I thought it was recording but my wife says it wasn't.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Last weekend I setup 6 NFL games to record on the Super Sports Pack.  When I returned home on Monday, only 1 game had recorded. 

Today I started recording 3 NFL games on the Super Sports Pack while watching my teams game on another channel.  At the first commercial break, I checked the list and the three games were recording.  I watched a little of one game during the commercial in my game and then switched back to my game.  At the next commercial break, all three recorded games had disappeared.   I started them recording again. At the end of the 1 pm games 2 of the 3 games were in the recorded list, 1 had disappeared. 

Not impressed.

I Plan to Stick Around

Every time this happens we need to call tech support until they acknowledge that there is a problem - but I find it beyond credibility that they don't know. Perhaps a complaint to CRTC is in order.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @Skelator,

Our network engineering team is investigating the issue with Super Sports Pak recordings disappearing from your recorded list. I sincerely apologize that you are experiencing this issue. In the meantime, I will escalate this issue by creating a ticket for internal purposes while we continue to investigate and work towards a resolution.

Creating a ticket involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks, 
RogersHassam 
I Plan to Stick Around

My issue has been on 2 different channels (not sportsnet) different days and times and have created a ticket. That was over a month ago.....
I Plan to Stick Around

It happens with the Sportsnet World Plus channels too.
I Plan to Stick Around

Have them check what hsppens when there is a loss of signal.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @luvsql,

When was the last time this happened and which channels did it happen on? You mentioned that a ticket was created a month ago, did it happen since? Do you have more than one PVR? Please let me know. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

RogersHassam, thanks for your interest. Engineering should look at the possibility that recordings are being deleted when there is a loss of signal. I have witnessed this happen (see one of my earlier comments). On the sports channels Rogers seems to cut the feed when a game ends, thus the signal is momentarily lost
Other channels also lose the signal from time to time.

Could be a software issue. Whatever, it needs to be fixed.