Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I PVR a bunch of sports over the weekend as I don't have time to watch live. 

I have been noticing when I PVR stuff on the SportsPack channels, specificialy after 7pm, it says that it is recording but in the morning there is nothing in my recorded shows section. 

Very frustrating.

The first week I thought I had just made a mistake so I paid close attention this weekend and it happened. 

Anyone have any ideas? Could it just be a faulty box?

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

I have had this issue on multiple channels, multiple recordings, multiple days and mutlitple times.  It happened as early as last night, I verified that the recording was set (saw it in the listing with the correct channel and time), at 9PM it started to record.  After 10:30 I went to view my recordings and it was gone.  

Of course I contacted Rogers support the last time it was happening (HBO HD Channel Sundays at 11PM) and they just created a ticket and nothing ever happened.  I eventually had to delete teh scheduled recording and start over and this week it did finally record, but it's not reliable whatsoever.

FYI I have NOT had the horrendous new PVR updated applied to it's not that.  

I Plan to Stick Around

I have something different now - recordings ending half way through a show. Rogers must surely know thst there's a major software and/or hardware issue, but they don't seem to care. We are paying good money for unreliable service.
I Plan to Stick Around

I called Support again today and even spoke with a manager named Sean. He informed me that this is NOT a known issue. There is a separate department that deals with issues where multiple customers are affected, yet they have not updated the support team so everyone is in the dark and customers keep paying hundreds of dollars a month for services that don't work. I recommend you ALL call in to complain. My case # is C102331118.
I Plan to Stick Around

Spoiler

A bit of a clue, perhaps. as to what is going on. I set my box to record a soccer game on channel 373 at 10, but starting 5 mins early. I put the TV on and at 9:55 the PVR record light came on and there was a program showing. At 10 that signal was lost momentarily and the record light went off. The game I wanted came on and I pressed the record button on the remote control but nothing happened (I've had that happen before). I had to turn the PVR off and on agin in order for the record button to start the recording. T ihe red lights on as I write this - hopefully the recording will still be there when I want to watch it.

Separate from this, yet another scheduled recording failed to start last night (and the remote's record button wouldn't start it).

Bell is looking better and better.

I Plan to Stick Around

I should have added that the initial 5 min recording had been deleted.
I Plan to Stick Around

I actually witnessed this today. Set box to record a 10 a.m. soccer game on 373 (Sportsnet World 1) but starting 5 mins early. Recording started OK but at 10 there was a momentary loss of signal as the switch was made to the soccer feed. Recording light went off and the 5 min recording was deleted.
I've Been Around

So I am not a sport nut (love the Jays tho) and am a Coronation Street nut and I record my programs. Like others it shows it is recording and then ....NADA SWEET TWEET NOTHING ZILCH! I have tried other channels/times etc but the same deal.

Having been confined to the house all summer with a broken leg, TV was my lifeline and ALL the recordings I programmed did not save. I have rebooted and practically done handstands to no avail.

I think I am going to switch to Bell 

I Plan to Stick Around

Do you ever notice sudden signal loss while you are watching TV directly (i.e., not recorded)? A message such as "the service is not currently available" for example. I wonder if what is happening is that whenevere there is a signal loss during a recording the recording is ended and deleted.