Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

That's positively atrocious. I brought my terminal back in December and that should have been resolved if not then, then at very least when my tech came out to set me up. He was plainly aware I only had one terminal. 

I consider myself fairly patient when it comes to this sort of thing, but the fact that someone could randomly access my recordings is offside. When I return from my trip, I'll be speaking to Rogers... I am by no means a happy customer if this is the case. Bell is offering a great deal for Fibe right now, and this may push me over the edge if it isn't handled appropriately. 

Hardware failures I can deal with - this, though, is very offside to me if it is the case.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you carried over the one box.. and there wasnt a specific order to REMOVE the software on it.. it would have carried over (remained installed)

Though, whoever was handling the move (the re set up at the new house) Should have caught this...

But i would MOSTLY thin, than that is what would be causing it.
I bet.. that someone else who is in the same setup.. is seeing YOUR box content listed on their PVR out there..  and going "hey these are not mine" and removing them, thinking its theirs.

Give them a shout.. and hopefuly its as simple as just a push out to REMOVE the software.
worse case.. have them come install a filter for free.

I Plan to Stick Around

This literally just happened to me.

The 3.0 was recording a show from 1:30-2pm on CTV2. The red rec light was on. The show was listed on "myrecordings" with the "rec" next to it.

Then when 2pm hit and I went to play the show. It was gone. It had disappeared from the my recordings list.

Another show scheduled and recorded at 1pm was there.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Give the box a reboot @kso.
If its just one thing, MIGHT be a display issue, usually a reboot resolves.

SOME people were having issues with 1-2 stations in particular (i can not remember which now).. where the FEED was bad.. and cutting off early somehow.. and causing the recording to not save properly..

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thought I'd give an update on my situation!

All in all, it appears to have been the MOCA filter. The technician who came was floored that there wasn't not one, but TWO MOCA filters installed (one for net, one for cable). So far, I've been able to record everything to the best of my knowledge though I'm still skeptical.

Have still lost 2 months worth of recordings... will be speaking to customer service about this!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats at least good to know.. well, bad that it wasnt done Smiley Tongue but good that yes it was caught and hopefully that was all the problem.

Over the years.. i am sure some of the techs have hated me.. but i have always watched over their shoulders.
Thats where i have learned MOST of what/how it should be.

And makes it.. when i have a BAD tech come in.. easy to say "NO, dont do that!"

I had one tech come in and say much the same.. that didnt need mine where it was, but infront of the home phone and internet modems.
I think he must have used to be a bell tech, and thought those were like DSL filters or something Smiley Tongue

I Plan to Stick Around

Just to update. I left the box, went out for the day and when I came back nothing else scheduled for today had recorded but the red rec light does go on when I set something and it shows up in the recording list then disappears after the time has concluded for the program.

These recordings were other channels not just CTV2. Global, a timeshifting etc..

So I now rebooted the box. Set something to record again and now it's actually saving what it's recording.

Hopefully this is something they're aware of. A box that I can't leave to record by itself defeats the purpose.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Rebooting is always the first thing to try. It works for my PCs and even my SA8300HD, which gets a hiccup maybe once or twice a year. (The other day it started a regularly scheduled show 4 minutes late and then didn't let me erase it after I watched it.  I thought about asking here, then fixed it by rebooting.)

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same problems plus my Nextbox often records random programs I never programmed to record.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you are getting random recordings..

One thing to look at will be if you have the Whole HOme setup... and if the filter was installed properly
(potentially having someone else outside access, and changing your recordings, thinking its theirs)