Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Recordings dissapeare​d Nextbox 3.0

I have set channel 495 to PVR the Raptors game.  When I check midgame, it shows that it is recording on the screen but not on the box itself.  When the game is over, there is no recording.  Do I need to do something special or can it not be recorded?  This doesn't happen on any other program that I PVR on other channels.  Thanks for any ideas.

I'm Here A Lot

Re: Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

I have had the same thing happen trying to pvr the Raptors game on channel 495.  It shows that it is recording on the screen but not on the box itself and there is nothing there afterwards.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

On the channels that won't record can you tune to them live and see a picture?

I've had similar issues where programs are scheduled to record and they show under Scheduled Recordings.  The next day they are not in the My Recordings list (sometimes they are STILL showing under Scheduled Recordings with a start time in the past).

SOMETIMES the cause of this is that there is a problem with tuning/receiving the channel.  In my case I've found this quite often on channels like 581 & 582 (West Coast CTV & CBC) that when I try to tune to the channel live you just get a blank screen and no audio.  The PVR tries to record, but at the end of the program time it basically has a recording of nothing, and this gets deleted automatically (not sure whether it deletes it right away or if this happens once each day - overnight). 

I'm Here A Lot

Yes, and I can see the game live and the screen shows it recording but it isn't on the pvr when it has finished.  I rebooted and will try the next Raptors game on channel 495 and see if anything has changed.  This happened twice in the last week.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

If you have a rental unit I would say watch any recorded programs you want to see then exchange the box.

I Plan to Stick Around

Two weeks ago i lost 30% of my recordings - down from 60% to 30% (have an extender attached)  This is the second time i've lost a significant percentage of recordings - last time prior was the Sunday after time change.

Tech support thought it might be the extender acting up or a firmware issue.

Next time it happens (and it will!), i'll eliminate the extender from the equation to see if that solves the problem!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Did you lose half the number of recordings or half the data volume?  Nextbox 3.0 has been compressing recordings to gain disk space.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had three separate hockey games not save. This only happens on the NHL Centre Ice feeds, channels 450+. Sportsnet or CBC recordings save correctly. Other shows recording at the same thing save correctly. I've had no other problems with any other channels. It's just the NHL Centre Ice channels and it's been going on for around 2 weeks.

Twice I confirmed that the shows were recording and showed up in the Recordings List. But once the recording finished, they were not saved.

I record both versions of the game so I can watch the Home broadcast. Both versions disappear.

I've confirmed that my NHL Centre Ice works when watching live.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just called Rogers. The guy hadn't heard of the problem but asked his supervisor and learned that it is a known issue and a patch has been developed. He said he would put me on the queue to have it installed on my box and that should happen in ~24 hours. I will be notified with an automated phone call.

The tech did not have a time table on when the fix would be rolled out to the overall subscriber base. That will be at the hands of their Nextbox software release schedule and he had no info on that. So if you want your box to get fixed in the near term, you must call in yourself. Sort of lame, but I would expect the wider fix to be sent out sooner rather than later. (But then again, it's Rogers so they may let this issue hang around for months...)

The other thing that the person said was that my Nextbox 3.0 has software version 5.1.1 so he assumes that's the version with the problem. He intimated that the entire subscriber base may not have been upgraded to 5.1.1. So perhaps they upgrade their subscriber base in waves. This might be another reason to not blast the patch out to all boxes if only 20% of the base has been upgraded to this buggy version.Theoretically, they could stop the rollout, include the fix in a 5.1.2 version and roll that out to people.

Just guessing on the last part...

I Plan to Stick Around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Did you lose half the number of recordings or half the data volume?  Nextbox 3.0 has been compressing recordings to gain disk space.

I lost random episodes within all the series folders and complete single recordings - both times i lost significant percentages, i was around 50 - 60% of disk capacity. As i said, i also have the extender connected which was used on my previous SA8300HD box and formatted by the Nextbox when i got the new box in August/14.

It is a pain for sure - next time it happens, as i said, i'll remove the extender and see if that was the problem.  Then, if that doesn't work, it will be a factory reset.  Then a replacement of the box...

If that wasn't bad enough, i got the dreaded "out of resources" error last night.  Never had that one up to that point.  Rebooted the box, saw the display show - 2 -, - 3 -, - 4 - then LoaD.  I was then able to playback my recorded programs.  When i turned the TV & box off, the display showed 'dnld' - i don't know if it's the new firmware (5.1.x)  Guess i'll see tomorrow.