Recording quality of recording from Digital Adapter with VCR verying poor.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Recording quality of recording from Digital Adapter with VCR verying poor.

The recording from the digital adapter is very poor "Strobing colors", "Ghosting" and "Color Bleeding." The odd thing is when it is view "Live" the picture is perfect, and before you ask yes the VCR is on channel "3" the same as the output from the digital box. I can only conclude that there is a problem with the VCR tuner itself. I try both channel 3 and 4 outputs from the digital box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Recording quality of recording from Digital Adapter with VCR verying poor.

When you are watching 'live', is it through the VCR too?

And there is no color issues then, etc?
Would make me almost think its a recoring issue with the VCR... as the tuner part wouldnt change between when its recording and not.

Beyond that.. not really over sure, except from standard things to try (which you seem your ontop of).
recording from the DTA, etc.... while kinda works.. isnt easy as you have probably found out... pretty much all the technology now, pretty much doesnt work around VCRs, etc.

Most people now, are able to usually get them to include a new PVR rental for free, if you ask them (If you have more than one product, etc)... if that is something that might interest you.
Definately alot easier... obviously cant 'keep' the recordings the same way as moving a tape.. but storage wise there is TONS of room for alot of recordings, can keep on the unit for a long time)

I Plan to Stick Around

The problem here is that you're using a VCR! This is 30 year old analog technology that you're recording on! That's how they record. It's never as clear as what's being broadcast. There are ways to improve the quality of your recording though. Record in SP mode. Picture tends to be clearer that way. Use a new VHS tape (good luck finding that though) in the past, I've always found that reusing a tape doesn't produce the best results. It could also be the cable connecting the digital box to the VCR. Try switching that out and see if it's any better as well as cleaning the VCR heads. Hope that helps.
I'm a Senior Advisor

I would see how the VCR records one of the remaining analog channels directly, without the DTA. If that looks fine, then it's the DTA that is feeding a poor signal to the VCR. If the VCR makes poor recordings both ways, then it's the VCR.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario