Recording list count

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Recording list count

Nextbox 8642 recording list says 82 recordings but I have only 21! The list count increases every time I make or schedule a recording. The count does not decrement when I delete or cancel a recording.

Am I misunderstanding what this count number meanor do I have a problem?

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Recording list count

Hi @howardjay

Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Have you tried rebooting your digital box?

Are you noticing that the there’s more space used than require or just the list showing a bigger recording list?

@RogersPrasana

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The "count" number includes all of your recordings and all of your scheduled recordings (to be recorded). For example, you may have 30 Tiles (series and singles). The number of tiles is immaterial. 

Some of the tiles contain series recordings - say 25 recorded programmes, and several of them contain single recordings - say 10 single recorded programmes. 

Then you'll also have the same (or different) tiles that contain scheduled recordings - those set to record in the next 6 days but not yet recorded - say 20 of those scheduled recordings scattered throughout the various tiles.

At the bottom you may also have some "zombie" scheduled recordings, those where there's nothing to be recorded in the next 6 days - say 5 of those.  The "total" count would therefore be 25 Series Recordings + 10 Single recordings + 20 "to be recorded" + 5 "zombies" = 60 total.  I believe the "zombies" are included in the total, however, I have over 100 "recordings" and I wasn't about to go through and add them all up, but I did do a rough check.

As with the % disk space used, the list count is not always totally accurate and may take minutes or hours to update since the PVR may be "busy" doing other things.  The % disk space is really tricky since the PVR compresses the recordings at certain times of the day, usually when it's not busy doing other things, so it's only a rough guide that can change without you adding or deleting any recordings....

If you were to use RAPTV on a Tablet or Mobile, or AnyPlace Web on a computer, the total count there would be roughly the same as you see in the PVR, although sometimes deleted programming shows there when it shouldn't and zombies don't show, so again, it's just a rough number due to delays in synching properly.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/284?setLanguage=en

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just realized you have an 8642 and I'm not sure if it compresses recordings. The 9865 does and I believe it's called "media shrink", or something similar.  That's Off-topic for this thread anyway, but since I mentioned it in the above post I thought I'd better provide a clarification.

The % disk used is one of the things that is not necessarily  "totally accurate", just like the number of recordings may not be right away either.

I've Been Here Awhile

As per suggestion from RogersPrasana I rebooted box - no difference.

I currently have 11 single recordings, 4 scheduled recordings & 1 33-episode series recordings which should give a count of 48. Count shown is 93.

I have about 50 hours of HD recording. Percent used shows 14%. This means a full disk is 350 hours - does this make sense?

Howard

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I had another look at this today. When I brought up the list on my PVR there were "103 recordings". I went to AnyPlace PVR and counted my recorded programmes - 80.  I then counted my scheduled recordings - 29.  I wondered why the slight discrepancy and found 6 recordings in the recorded list on AnyPlace that were deleted from the PVR after I watched them yesterday, but not yet synched (deleted) from the AnyPlace recorded list.  So it all seems fine to me.  The "zombies" don't appear to count - I wasn't sure in my previous post - I just knew that my numbers were close.

So, the number of recordings appears to be the number of programmes you have recorded, plus the number of programmes that are scheduled to record in the next week.  Remember that this has nothing to do with the number of tiles and that inside any series recording tile there may be a number of recorded programmes plus scheduled recordings under the recorded and scheduled tabs.  One (series) tile could contain a huge number of recorded and scheduled programmes.