Recording information

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Recording information

How do I figure out what channel and times my scheduled recordings are recording on. For example I like to record Dragon’s Den. Even though it was on tonight it did not record. I go to my list and it’s there set to record. What I figure is that time, day or channel has changed and that’s why it didn’t record but when I click on it in my list it doesn’t show me the time, date or channel that I have set to record. Is there a way to see that information?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Recording information

Hey @lpratt26!

Welcome to the community!

When setting a particular show to record as opposed to setting a specific time slot on a specific channel you'll be asked if you would like to record only new episodes or all episodes. To my knowledge the specifics of time/date/channel would not be available in this instance. 

Can you confirm for us if you had set the show to record all episodes? Or just new episodes?

Was the show that aired a new episode, or a repeat, was it on the primary airing channel or an alternative?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

I've Been Here Awhile

It is set for all episodes and it was a new show which I assume is in the primary channel. Really there should be a way to see what channel, time etc a show is set to record on. Old pvr shows this info

Hello again, @lpratt26

Can you confirm if you are using the Digital TV or Ignite TV platform?

Both platforms have a "Scheduled" recordings section that will show you the Time and Channel that a program is set to record. If you have set up series recordings and they are consistently not recording we'll need to investigate this for you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your information.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? Click Here.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Its digital tv and I can actually find the section now about time being record but it does not tell me what channel is being recorded. I don’t need help on a program not consistently being recorded I just want it to show me what channel is being recorded
I'm a Senior Advisor

@lpratt26  I have an SA8300HD. Recorded shows only show the date, time and length. Scheduled recordings also show the channel.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lpratt26 wrote:
Its digital tv and I can actually find the section now about time being record but it does not tell me what channel is being recorded. I don’t need help on a program not consistently being recorded I just want it to show me what channel is being recorded

That information has not been available for years since Navigatr firmware replaced the previous RTN firmware, unfortunately. See the following link

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/202473-cisco-9865-nb3-0-also-n...

For a while it was possible to see the channel information using the Anyplace/Home Edition Recording App, but that was taken from us a year or two ago.

It is doubtful that this information will be added to Navigatr since Rogers is concentrating on IgniteTV.

It is possible to see the channel that the programme was recorded on after it has been recorded and you hit "play".  It will be displayed on the top-left corner for a few seconds or if you hit Pause or Play, etc, while watching the recording.

Tip:  Repeated presses of the List button will cycle you between recorded programming and scheduled recordings.  Also, while in the list you can cycle between list/grid by pressing the blue "B" button. I prefer the grid because it shows me 8 recordings instead of only 4, but to each his own.

If you have an idea of the channel/time, you can go to the Guide and look for the red dot indicating the recording...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersTony wrote:

Both platforms have a "Scheduled" recordings section that will show you the Time and Channel that a program is set to record...

Navigatr does not show you the channel.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation