Recording in 3 segments

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Recording in 3 segments

I have The Zoomer scheduled to record Mondays at 10:00 pm on Vision. Last night is recorded as 3 separate segments, 24 minutes, 4 minutes and 33 minutes.  I haven't watched it except the 4 minute part, so It's all there.  I checked the signal on that channel afterwards and it was excellent. Has anyone else seen something like this? (I have an SA8300HD

***Edited Labels***

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

Re: Recording in 3 segments

Good afternoon @OLDYELLR!

That is a rather odd issue.

Is this the first time you've seen it happen? 

If it's just a one-off, there's not much for us to go on here. It may have been an error in the way the guide was programmed that day.

Should it happen again, let's try to identify a pattern. Let's see what happens next time The Zoomer airs. If it happens with any other program, please let us know right away.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I was recording 2 shows starting at 10:00 pm at once, Bull on Ch 3 (Global) and The Zoomer on Ch 24 (Vision).  About 20 minutes in, I started playing Bull so with FF'ing commercials I'd be finished by 11:00 pm or so.  Previously I'd watched a recording off PBS that I only get in SD, so I'd set it to full screen.  Watching the Bull recording it was zoomed in too much, so I was messing with the screen resolution with the # button. When changing the screen on the SA8300HD there is a 3 second lag as it changes between 480p and 1080i as displayed on the PVR. I just wondered of this interrupted the recording.  However, I just tried to replicate the scenario by recording an HD and SD  channel simultaneously, then playing each one from the beginning while still recording and switching screens and the recordings didn't get interrupted. Strange. Watching the recorded Zoomer segments I noticed a few seconds were missing between segments, even though the total minutes added up to 61 minutes.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This can happen if the signal goes bad temporarily, perhaps due to upstream cable work in your area.  Or it can be a power blip or something similar.  I recall this happening to me years ago, but I haven't seen it recently.

It can also sometimes happen if there is a simsub issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57It's odd that it only happened on one of two the recordings that was taking place at the same time.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Signal can vary by channel. Some channels have a stronger signal, so if the signal for a particular channel is marginal, it can have this effect, or sometimes you just get a black recording or no recording.