Receiving channels you anr't suppose to receive?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Receiving channels you anr't suppose to receive?

For some reason a friend is getting channels that he is not suppose to be getting on his TV package? why is that?

Do anyone here receive channels that you arn't suppose to be receiving according to the channel list posted on the Rogers website?

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Receiving channels you anr't suppose to receive?

@Applepie wrote:

For some reason a friend is getting channels that he is not suppose to be getting on his TV package? why is that?

Do anyone here receive channels that you arn't suppose to be receiving according to the channel list posted on the Rogers website?

Could be several reasons this is happeneng:

1. The channels are on free preview for a certain period of time

2. Is it a used box?  It could be authorized on another account and receiving THEIR cable package

3. The website could be just flat out wrong, or a channel may have just recently changed tiers and is now part of the package being paid for.

Rogers Employee TechAli
Rogers Employee

Hi Applepie

channels may on free preview or if Rogers tech recently visited your friend house, he might has remove wrong filter from outside grey box, that's why your friend is getting more channel. If your friend really does not want those channels or has concern that he/she getting charge for those channels, he/she should call Rogers to check account. If he/she is not getting charged for those channels, then Rogers might send tech to put back filter and your friend will loose free channels 🙂

hope this helps!!!! 🙂

I'm a Senior Advisor

Rogers does not rely on filters anymore to block channels not in your package. That was with analog, of which few channels are now left, if any. The filters have been gradually removed as part of routine maintenance.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

likely it is some if not all of what Lurker said...i just had my installation this week and phoned in for other things but brought up i was seeing one or two channels not in my pack...offhand i could only remember one specific one to tell the tech which was crime & punishment on vip...apparently it is replacing IFC...works out for me because i was thinking of pick & pay for that one after some time getting used to my new service!