Reboot PVR after changing input

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Reboot PVR after changing input

Whenever I change my tv input to say, watch Apple tv, when I return to the input for Tv it just gives me a blank screen and I have to unplug the pvr and restart it before it works again. This happens everytime. Why is this?
Tv has been properly paired and doesn't matter which remote I use, harmony, Rogers or sharp, same result.

***EDITED LABELS***
Highlighted

Re: Reboot PVR after changing input

Greetings and welcome to our Community @Jeff10458!

First, I just want to make sure that you're using digital cable and not Ignite TV. Would you mind sharing the PVR model so that we can have a better idea of what we're working with?

In the meantime, I have a theory about what may be happening here. Could you try swapping inputs from Apple TV and then back to cable but instead of rebooting your PVR, try pressing the power button on the front.

Do you see the I/O symbol appear or disappear or is the PVR totally locked up?

Once I have a little more information, we can make a better determination as to what's happening here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

this is definitely not the first Time I'm hearing this, but it would also be a compatibility or handshake problem with a specific TV brand perhaps? can you share which TV brand you have as well and the model if applicable as well?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Sharp Aquos lc-32d44u
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Have you tried turning the TV off and back on instead?

Would be a much faster process.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

That doesn't solve it. The box needs to be rebooted.