ROGERS FIX YOUR GUIDE!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: ROGERS FIX YOUR GUIDE!

OLDYELLR wrote:The RAPTV search finds the race on the first available TSN channel (TSN1, 494) when, in fact, that isn't what TSN broadcasts on that channel. Why do you keep doing it, TSN? You have 5 channels, why not keep it consistent and actually broadcast what you advertise?

Yeah, we discussed this over in the F1 thread on Digital Home.  This one's TSN's fault because they made a bunch of last minute changes and have been changing the channels around.  498 (TSN5) has pretty consistently aired the race since the start of this year and that's what I usually set to record, but yesterday TSN switched pre/post-qualifying from TSN5 to TSN4.  It really bugs people when a "broadcaster" mixes things up all the time, especially at the last minute when it's too late, even for those people who checked the day before.

PS. Just because RAPTV picks 494 (TSN1) first, doesn't mean you have to take that option, you can select other channels/air times depending on options shown.  I usually pick the channel that has been consistent and sometimes record a second channel "to be safe".  If available, I also set a recording for the replay later in the day, unfortunately for you, not available today that I could see.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks, 57, it's as I thought. Next time if TSN5 (498) does not come up, I'll look for it and use it instead if it also has the race. Seems that TSN1 (494) is the first in sequence (other than 30,  TSN4, which I'd always used before).  It still irks me that TSN won't maintain some kind of consistency with 5 channels to play with.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

How many of you have been following and recording the new season of Suits on Bravo?

I have it scheduled to record new episodes. Last night when Episode 3 came on at 9:00 I noticed my PVR wasn't recording after 10 minutes. I checked the Guide and saw that it wasn't flagged as "New" and only had a generic description.  Luckily I found a repeat at 2:00 a.m. and scheduled it.  It did turn out to be Episode 3.  If Rogers does not have anyone adding the "New" tags and the guide provider won't do it, maybe a new provider is in order.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

How many of you have been following and recording the new season of Suits on Bravo?

I have it scheduled to record new episodes. Last night when Episode 3 came on at 9:00 I noticed my PVR wasn't recording after 10 minutes. I checked the Guide and saw that it wasn't flagged as "New" and only had a generic description.  Luckily I found a repeat at 2:00 a.m. and scheduled it.  It did turn out to be Episode 3.  If Rogers does not have anyone adding the "New" tags and the guide provider won't do it, maybe a new provider is in order.

The wife noticed the issue too, she watches Suits. We ended up missing the first 10 mins because we thought it was recording, but it wasn't flagged as "New" so it didn't record.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@gp-se wrote:

The wife noticed the issue too, she watches Suits. We ended up missing the first 10 mins because we thought it was recording, but it wasn't flagged as "New" so it didn't record.

In my case I found it repeated at a later time. Otherwise, there's little chance of catching it because the choices for BRAVO on ROD are few. But you can watch the missed episode on line on your computer, or other means we don't discuss here. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have been recording and watching Heartbeat every Friday at 9:00 p.m. on TVO for years. The last couple of weeks this show has been appearing as TVOntario Programming in this time slot and only shows as Heartbeat in the repeat at 1:00 a.m.  The Zap2it Guide shows it correctly at 9:00 p.m. on Fridays.  The first time this happened I noticed the show was not recording as scheduled, but I was able to record the repeat at 1:00 a.m.  This needs fixing.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree.  As discussed in the link below on IPG inconsistencies, this happens quite often and there is really no excuse for this sort of generic information or "TBA" or "TVO programming", which I have also noticed a lot lately.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IPG-Inconsistencies/td-p/350863

Many of the "information/descriptions" on the IPG are generic and do not give specific programming information (Ray Donovan and many other programmes). It's even worse when you constantly see programming titles like "TBA" or "TVO programming" or "XYZ channel programming", which happens a lot more than it should and which impacts recordings due to the way the PVR "looks" for titles.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I was discussing the whole issue of accuracy of the guide with my relative who works with Telus, doing quality control for their on-demand and guide contents for out west.

So I see our issue as, "so where is the quality control on your providers, Rogers?"  If you commit to doing thing correct from the beginning, and yes that costs money, then we won't complain about cost of service (yeh, I know some of us will still complain about that), but we can believe the statement that Rogers is continually committing to the newest technology and improving the experience and that is the reason for the price increase - when we see poor customer experience, like this one over and over again, we don't buy the explanation for price increases.

Just saying.

We are still struggling to get our series recording lined up properly as the new flag was missing on a bunch, and shows were identified at wrong times.  And our backup tool of Anyplace TV manage your PVR is gone from my PC.

We are now down to four shows that we don't have set up - we PVR everything and watch it when we want to, so accuracy of those guides is critical.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same problem with the same program. I noticed the Vision TV program in the same time slot is also missing the program name. A hard reset l solved it for a couple of weeks, but not completely. The program name appeared but the recording would take place, but did not recognize the end of recording (showed as “recording” even the following day. Now the Heartbeat program does not appear in guide. Instead the name TVO Programing appears there. Seems to be due a problem with either my Nextbox (which I own) misreading program data or due to problems in the program data itself. I have not seen a fix for the problem, so wondering if a switch to Bell’s Fibe TV would provide a more reliable schedule and program recording system.

Hi @Alrick,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forums!

It definitely sounds annoying to not be sure if your program is going to record or not.  I'm hopeful we can figure it out and come to a resolution. 

Can you kindly let me know what time and date you notice this information being incorrect?  I can then check my own box and see if I notice the same thing. 

RogersShaun