ROGERS FIX YOUR GUIDE!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: ROGERS FIX YOUR GUIDE!

The problem has been occurring all day for the past three days. Today it seems to have self-corrected and the program name for the 9 pm program on TVO on Friday is there.  I have no idea why it disappeared in the first place and why it appears correctly now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alrick:

Check out the following link:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IPG-Inconsistencies/m-p/356610#M38694

It's part of a long thread discussing the IPG inconsistencies.  I list a huge number of issues on page 1 of the thread and more were added later...

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/pa...

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Alrick wrote:
I am having the same problem with the same program. I noticed the Vision TV program in the same time slot is also missing the program name. A hard reset l solved it for a couple of weeks, but not completely. The program name appeared but the recording would take place, but did not recognize the end of recording (showed as “recording” even the following day. Now the Heartbeat program does not appear in guide. Instead the name TVO Programing appears there. Seems to be due a problem with either my Nextbox (which I own) misreading program data or due to problems in the program data itself. I have not seen a fix for the problem, so wondering if a switch to Bell’s Fibe TV would provide a more reliable schedule and program recording system.

I saw that about a week or two ago. My scheduled recording of Heartbeat failed to start at 9:00 p.m. and when I checked the Guide it just said "TVO Programing". But the repeat was there at 11:00 p.m. and I recorded that. I usually check the Zap2it guide to see if such anomalies are from the network or Rogers, but I can't remember what it was.  I've also seen a whole day of TVO programming showing as blank segments in the Guide.

The Rogers Guide can only show what the third party provider supplies. Maybe Bell has a different provider. Some time ago there was a big discussion here about program information and how it used to be more detailed.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have been regularly recording and watching Jay Leno's Garage on CNBC (channel 79 or 184). I believe I had it set to record all new shows. It was on hiatus, but he other day a 5-minute promotional piece popped up in my recordings. It said a new season starts on Thursday at 10 p.m. So I went to the Guide and all I saw was a program Street Signs Asia from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. followed by 2 older versions of Jay Leno's Garage at 11:00 and 12:00.   I see the same thing in the Rogers Guide in RAPTV on my Android tablet.  But when I go to the Zap2it guide and other resources on the web, I see there's a new episode at 10:00 p.m.  So I set a manual recording.  (You can't do that with a Nextbox and Navigatr, so maybe you can schedule that 2-hour show from the Guide.)  Checking the Guide this morning, the new Jay Leno's Garage is still not there.

I'm a Senior Advisor

It seems that Jay Lano's Garage is on Ch 79 or 184 at 3:00 a.m. on Sundays and the new Zap2it Guide and Rogers IPG agree.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IPG-Inconsistencies/m-p/414064#M44801