ROGERS FIX YOUR GUIDE!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: ROGERS FIX YOUR GUIDE!

For the most part, the shows I watch have been flagged correctly.

While on the subject of the GUIDE, here in Ottawa we were supposed to get the new NAVIGATR guide in early August.  Now, 2 months later, still hasn't happened.  I think the outcry with all the issues from the people that got it, delayed deployment until they coud fix it.

I get the impression a lot of people are leaving Rogers.  In the spring I was looking at adding a used 4642HD box to my account and could only see 2-3 available on Kijiji.   Now there are almost 20, many with comments "have left Rogers and don't need them anymore".

I'm a Trusted Contributor

thanks for starting this thread. I see I have missed at least two season premieres. I wonder if there were others??? I guess I'm going to have to start use Zap2 it on a more regular basis.

Pity because I usually set up my recordings for the next day while watching the night time news. I know can do two things at once now will have to see if I can do three.
I'm a Senior Advisor

That is where the Rogers Guide can be improved.  It only shows 6 days, wheras the programming is available for 14 days on Zap2it, for example. It's frustrating to watch a show and not be able to schedule next week's episode until the next day.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

This is ANOTHER item that suggests the person at Rogers who actually makes the decisions about how the PVR interface works never actually USES a PVR in real life. (I'm sorry - some of you will be tired of hearing me gripe about this.)

It would be such a tiny bit more work for Rogers to give us TV listings for 8 days, and then, when you discover a TV program that you want to start recording weekly, you will have the listings for that show next week available for you to select it to record the Series.   (I agree with Oldyellr that it is just way to likely that if you have to wait until the next day to set up a recording for a show you discover to record the same day next week - that you are very LIKELY to forget about it when tomorrow arrives.)

And again, I suggest, that Rogers DOESN'T WANT TO give us a PVR that gives us the power to watch programs when WE want to.   Rogers loses money if we have the POWER to simply select what we want to watch and record it - and thus, avoid being COERCED into watching commercials.

Oh - and Rogers, if you are listening, there are a few shows that play only once a month.  I'm sure you don't give a hoot about adding useful features, but for those reading this who might, maybe, design a better PVR, it would be nice to occasionally be able to set recording for shows that happen just once a month.  An option for this in the Series Recording settings would be nice (although it is something that might be hidden from the average user, but just made visible if you choose to have more control over your PVR, by selection the Power User option to let you customize your PVR more to your liking.)

I'm a Senior Contributor

Reporting a problem from the Navigatr thread.

All next week at midnight on channel 8 The Daily Show with Trevor Noah does not show as new episodes.  Zap2it says they are new.

Similarly on channel 44 at 11:00 PM, Guide shows The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.  Zap2it shows the same as for channel 8 - Trevor Noah.

I Plan to Stick Around

I wish the 'new' feature worked. I missed Big Bang season premier because of it. No 'new' icon...i always have to look show schedules up online because I have lost trust in the guide.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@hansm0leman  I was hoping that if people would report specific guide errors in this thread, then perhaps a pattern would emerge.  At least Rogers would get some idea of the extent of the issues and might be able to use it as leverage with their information supplier.  It might also serve as a "heads up" to other forum members so they can look out for possible missed recordings.

I know the guide can be fixed for specific errors because of a problem from another thread that was corrected recently.

This box is NOT reliable.   My NB3 (without the garburator Navikrap interface) has NOT been recording programs that WERE in my scheduled recordings list.

Of course, I've missed The Daily Show, as others have, but I've also had other programs not record, like CBC news.  I checked, and the program was on at the normal time.

I wonder if this is somehow related to the fact that my PVR was only showing Scheduled Recordings for 24 to 48 hours ahead of time for much of the last week.

It is now showing me programs set to record 7 days ahead - but this box STINKS.

I long ago gave up on trusting the TV listings to accurately show which programs are New - and which are not - but that is NOT the only problem with this PVR reliably recording shows.  And it's NOT JUST that the title of the show changes.  And its NOT just that the time of the beginning of the show changes.

I don't know why CBC News didn't record today.  But there are other problems with the scheduled recording of programs.  This PVR cannot be trusted - and needs to be watched like a hawk.

For this reason, I've spent hour after hour after hour typing up a list of all the programs I want to record, and carefully listing which programs I want to record on which day, and at what time, and on what channel.  This has taken me dozens upon dozens of hours to keep this current.

BUT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WASTE MY TIME IN THIS MANNER.

The technology exists in other PVRs (like Tivo), to RELIABLY record what we tell it to - with much, much less effort than we have to expend with this pathetically designed piece of junk.

It is possible to tell a PVR what programs we want to watch - and then trust the box to reliably do that for us.  This is the case even if the starting times of the program change, and even if the name in the guide changes. 

But Rogers doesn't seem to care enough to give us a PVR that works reliably, or a website that works reliably, or a billing system that works reliably. 

Do you see a pattern here?  Oh - and when there are billing 'errors' - who do you think benefits most of the time?  And don't you think Rogers KNOWS that many people almost never check their bills - and check that they are only paying what they should, and Rogers also knows that most people WON'T spend an hour on the phone to correct an error that is costing them a small amount of money.

@hansm0leman wrote:

I wish the 'new' feature worked. I missed Big Bang season premier because of it. No 'new' icon...i always have to look show schedules up online because I have lost trust in the guide.

I too wish it was reliable.  I thought I had only missed one new episode, but now find out two new episodes have been shown.

No proiblem I thought.  Went to On Demand and saw them listed there and decided to watch.  Ah, but not so fast.  The first time I clicked on the listing my box rebooted and did a sownload.  The next time I tried, the box rebooted.  Same thing happened when I tried to watch the season premiere (which I had missed because it wasn't marked NEW) of Bones. 

Update:  On Demand is now working for me  and I happily got to watch at least one of the shows I had missed.

I hope On Demand will co-operate tomorrow. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@roxandtreez wrote:

@hansm0leman  I was hoping that if people would report specific guide errors in this thread, then perhaps a pattern would emerge.  At least Rogers would get some idea of the extent of the issues and might be able to use it as leverage with their information supplier.

The pattern I see from my example is that when there is a new episode on Global a day ahead of the same new episode on Fox, only the episode on Fox is flagged "new".  It's as if the flag gets stripped from the Canadian network listing.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario