RDS2 on Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

RDS2 on Rogers

Would love to know if and when Rogers is going to offer RDS2 SD/HD.

Also, instead of having all the French channels in the 600s alternating from SD to HD, why not reorganize them so that the HD channels are together.  Very annoying to zap through them.

***Edited labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: RDS2 on Rogers

Rogers really needs to update their guide, get new boxes updated from a different manufacturer, seriously... Fibe tv has a search function which allows you search and delete/block channels from appearing on the menu. So if you hate all those SD channels you can delete them all off the guide leaving HD only. That's kool. Customized channel blocking if you will...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The new Rogers guide can hide individual channels as well unfortunately have to do it one by one

Same with fibe. They have demo videos on their site that shows all the main features of their boxes. You still have to delete them one by one, lol. Guess Bell is no better... I'm thinking sooner or later rogers will get the same/similar boxes as fibe tv. I'm also thinking rogers must have waaay long contracts with cisco even prior to de-monopolization which is why they still using all those heavy clunker boxes and why rogers hasnt upgraded to better tech.. Typical monopoly for ya. SMH.

Like someone said on a fibe forum, it's good right now  but once they get saturated they will be no better than cable. And Bell was a monopoly in local fone services... they no different than rogers is/was...  Bell will be just as bureacratic and monopolistic once they get more fibr customers. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Besides RDS2 SD/HD that I can't wait to have, I would also love to see Explora SD/HD and LCN HD to be added to Rogers!

I've Been Here Awhile

Any news on RDS2?!

I've Been Here Awhile

Same here its been over 2 years that I've been asking Rogers to explain this to me and I can never get an answer!! Every time I call into Customr Service they have no clue why its not offered. They just know  that it isn't.

Rogers offers TSN and TSN 2 and they also offer RDS so   why not offer RDS 2???? Seems illogical but perhaps there are some legalities??? Just want to know the reason folks. Is that too much to ask for a long time Rogers customer?? 

I've Been Here Awhile

Why is Rogers Cable offering  a useless  channel like RDS Info that repeats sports news over and over and over and over again till exhaustion.. but not offer RDS 2  ?????? that actually has interesting sports content??.

So can anyone at Rogers tell a long time Rogers cable customer why Rogers offer RDS, RDS Info But NOT RDS2 2????? 

I am tempted to dump Rogers cause no one has the courtesy of answering what I believe is a very simple question!

Bring on Fibe TV!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your not getting an answer, at least from here... since this is a USER to USER forum.